H22 type s Tranny on F23 engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sprocker

I have posted this in another post and was told it would work, just wanted to check and see if anyone else has done this or can tell me for sure it will work! I have an F23a Vtec turbocharged engine and so I want to get an LSD, I am thinking the best way to do that is to swap to a H22 Type S tranny. Will they bolt up, or is there any good LSD's for the F-series tranny! Anyone got any they want to sell?

Yes, they should swap fine, I just helped my friend do a H22 motor,trans swap in a 92 accord and the ony diffrence was that we needed to drill and tap a hole for the tranny mount,(it has a cast spot). I would go with the H22 trans 'cause It' has a better (closer) gear ratio and final drive.

I searched around
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
and they have the same part number listed for the transmission housing for Preludes and Accords.

Also, the H22 is not a good tranny for boost. It's a very close-geared tranny that's good for n/a applications. If you can get your hands on a Honda or Quaife LSD without tranny, you could swap it into your longer-geared (but weak) F22 tranny, or try to find an H23 tranny which is strong AND long-geared, which also bolts to your engine.

I have the F23a tranny, its Vtec with 150Hp and 154 Ft/Lbs so is it a stronger tranny than the F22 one or is it still weak! Will the Quafe LSD or Honda LSD from the H23/H22 work in my tranny! Thanks for all the help! My Tranny works fine now(except 5th gear Syncro, just have to double clutch) and I was told buy some big name tuners that Honda Trannies even the weakest will be fine under 10 psi! I am only running like 7.5 right now! So I am thinking maybe I'll just get the LSD, then if the tranny goes bad get an H23 tranny an dput the LSD in there! What do you think!

Sounds like a great idea. The F22 and F23 are the same in terms of strength, the H-series are a bit stronger. But I'd agree that you'd be fine staying under 10psi. the Quaife/Honda LSD should fit right into the F23/F23/H22/H23 trannies with relatively little trouble. You can run it in your F-series tranny right now, and if the tranny goes, snake the LSD out of the busted one and put it in your new H23 tranny. :D

Swap

Yes, they should swap fine, I just helped my friend do a H22 motor,trans swap in a 92 accord and the ony diffrence was that we needed to drill and tap a hole for the tranny mount,(it has a cast spot). I would go with the H22 trans 'cause It' has a better (closer) gear ratio and final drive.

Hello, I just ran across this site and noticed that you can swap an h22 transmission into a F23? I have a question, my 98 accord's transmission is bad and I cant find a solution other than buying another car because the repair cost on the tranny are around $4000, my question is, can you put an automatic h22 transmission to an F23a without so much trouble? Is it just a bolt off bolt on or do I have to buy or make any modifications?

Thank's in advance.

auto to manual

well i know that wen you have an auto tranny there are verious sensors and soleinoids, along with a tcu. on top of that you would need to find a straight automatic prelude tranny because most were made as SH models wich are completely diffrent. i strongly recomend swithching from auto to manual and using either h22 tranny or f23 tranny. and if you are worried about emisions (like i am in CA) i would also get the ecu for a manual trans. PM me if you have other questions, i know a guy who does the complete swap to $2000. best of luck.

auto to manual

well i know that wen you have an auto tranny there are verious sensors and soleinoids, along with a tcu. on top of that you would need to find a straight automatic prelude tranny because most were made as SH models wich are completely diffrent. i strongly recomend swithching from auto to manual and using either h22 tranny or f23 tranny. and if you are worried about emisions (like i am in CA) i would also get the ecu for a manual trans. PM me if you have other questions, i know a guy who does the complete swap to $2000. best of luck.

So I have an 98cl with an f23a1 and the trannys is turfed so I was wondering what modifications may need be done in order for a h22tranny to fit?

ive got a 2000 accord se with the f23a1, the trans is gone in it and i wanted to know if theres any hoops to jump through to manual swap my car?

Thanks!

Back