h22a 98 integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffbort

H22a 98 integra p28 chipped ecu wiring adaptor to the 98 integra harness idles fine but while on throttle at 1500 rpms it bounces back and fourth a few hundred rpms it makes the car difficult to drive when I'm at 1500 the car bucks bad due to the bouncing rpms it's hard to find a happy medium I have to be at 1k or 2k and over it idles fine tho cleaned fitv new iacv but throws a code it is wired right and does have 12v map sensor good shows the right voltage throughout confirmed with a meter and my apexi vafc cleaned throttle body bleed coolant system still can't figure it out... o2 sensors aren't hooked up but doesn't throw a code. I didn't build this car so I don't know to much about it except it's quick. I believe they have a map so it doesn't rely on o2 sensors I do t know why the iacv code is showing up tho... Also has egr delete with no codes can anyone give me any info on what to check?? It would be appreciated

o2 sensors will significantly mess up the idle and put 'walls' in the rpm band.
the map likely doesn't use the o2 sensors ONLY at wide open throttle, but will use them for part throttle

Ok so this is the other problem the first sensor is a one wire o2 then second o2 I'm not sure about I have to look.... Ecu is going to be single wire o2 sensor i believe.....wiring harness more than likely it's going to be 4 wire.... I should just wire the signal up then right? To both o2s? Or is the one in the cat not really important? I guess I need to find out if the p28 even has 2 o2 sensor pinouts I know my stock harness and conversion uses 2 but idk about the ecu.... I will wire them up and see I guess.... thanks for the reply and the info on how the map likely works man

Since your ecu is obd1, you only need the 1 4-wire o2 pre-cat (ideally near the collector, not in a single runner). obd1 doesn't use 2 o2's. Obd2 has the post-cat o2, which is not needed for your ecu. neither are 1-wire, so i don't know why you have that hooked up at all.

Well its winter here and we have mad snow I don't have a garage so I just took the single wire 02 which is right after the flex pipe and wired it to tue primary 02 signal wire which should by rights work I believe we'll it didn't help me any. Car still bounces at 1500 to about 1700..... car runs so healthy otherwise it's crazy fast for a all motor build idk what else to check the weird part I found today is it has a jdm disty on the jdm h22a but the plugs match colors code perfect for tge wiring harness plugs. Idk what harness I have in this car when I look at obd2a integra harness the colors match the harness conversion to the obd1 p28 but why would the disty colors and plug match? I thought the jdm harness was different. Anyone else have any ideas on what ti check? Can a tps be bad even thi the specs are good when testing with meter?

Back