H22a In Ef Crx...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D16z6CrxDx

i have a Crx Dx converted to SI with a d16z6 and i am going to install a H22a myself and i wanted to know if anyone knows a site that shows ho to or that gives tips on installing..im not new to swapping i have done over 12 swaps in the past 7 months but thsi is a new one for me i haven ever tried i have done one but it was into a 92 civic and it was kinda easy with the mount kit and modifacation was at a minimum...i got the 96 JDM prelude type S front clip for only 2500 so i have everything and anythiong to perform the swap i also have the placeracing mounting brackets and im going to do the hytrdo tranny converion with the hydro setup in the prelude fron clip...so my question is b4 i jump into this next week do u guys have any references website's or tips or just hints on this swap?..any help will be good i just need tips to get it done fast and smoothly...

I don't know if your ready for that. Alot of cutting,grinding relocated, all that good stuff. I don't think it can be streetable...

Originally posted by Darivative@Feb 12 2003, 01:36 PM
I don't think it can be streetable...

bs.gif

if i can find a link, i'll let you konw what the deal. good luck on your swap though, if you can get that accomplished, it would be a monster considering how light ef's are, peace!

damn bro, thats a lot of work, but if you have the whole front clip, you should be set on parts, so that's good. Good luck, your gonna need it. Shit will be hott when it's done tho!

yeah man..that H22 in rex prob be hella fast..i go to track on a daily basis..of course..and ive only seen the swap once..some kid from georgia was runnin a Si Rex w/H22..he was running low 14's all day..i dont think he had any mods..unless they were internal..good luck..

Well a h22 in a eg handles like shit just imagine how bad a crx will! My friend from drt has a ef with a h22 turbo in it and he was forced to turn it to a drag car since he had to take turns doing 5 mph. To each there own!

Originally posted by Darivative@Feb 12 2003, 03:09 PM
Well a h22 in a eg handles like shit just imagine how bad a crx will! My friend from drt has a ef with a h22 turbo in it and he was forced to turn it to a drag car since he had to take turns doing 5 mph. To each there own!

your such a fuckin exagerator..lol... that or your friend cant drive.. now moving back to the topic.. i was actually lookin into this, before i do my eg h22 swap... there isnt to much info about crx h22 swaps, unfortunately.. the only thing i can do is give ya some links to pics.. hopefully that will help ya out..

http://www.geocities.com/kustomautoworks/tech.html

u need to be signed up with imagestation if you wanna see this link
http://www.imagestation.com/member/join_si.../?id=4291837295

Originally posted by paragus+Feb 12 2003, 10:01 PM-->
Darivative
@Feb 12 2003, 03:09 PM

your such a fuckin exagerator..lol... that or your friend cant drive.. now moving back to the topic.. i was actually lookin into this, before i do my eg h22 swap... there isnt to much info about crx h22 swaps, unfortunately.. the only thing i can do is give ya some links to pics.. hopefully that will help ya out..

http://www.geocities.com/kustomautoworks/tech.html

u need to be signed up with imagestation if you wanna see this link
http://www.imagestation.com/member/join_si.../?id=4291837295

Um... is it me or is everyone of you baggering me a fucking moron? Your saying a eg with a h22 doesn't handle like shit? Your saying in a ef it won't make it worse? I don't care what you do to a ef with a h22 it won't handle period. My ef with a built b18c handles like shit so please it's not the driver. I'm not talking about straight line but turns. What I'm saying is that it won't be beneficial to drop a h22 into a ef unless it's a drag car! Also if you had the type of money to get that motor in a ef, just get a b16 turbo and call it a day!

dont cry dude.. im not hear to argue w/ you.. like you said.. "To each their own". I was just callin you a exagerator because you said "he had to take turns doing 5 mph" thats all. Dont get all butt hurt and start calling people names.. because that really hurts peoples feelings..lmfao :lol: :lol:

Thanks evryone for ur imput...well im ahead already on the swap i already took out the motors out of the CRX and the Prelude clip i got ancy just thinking about the swap so i just started pulling the motors i got the ecu and engine wiring out of the lude and the harnest wireing..im just yanking stuff left and right i dont even know what car to wrench on so im doing alot at once...regarding handeling and driveability and cost..for one i got the front clip for only 2500 and that included the rear suspension and disk brakes and to get a goor reliable b16 turbo for 2500 is kinda hard i know it can be done but its rare when im done im going to part out all the jdm parts like the dash tach sterring wheel and the front clip with the hood fendes lights etc...and i know with the leftover i have from the car i can almost get what i paid for the whole front clip....im planning on driveing the car daily...well i know once i get used to it i will start driving my b16 crx hf around but right now it has problems and i want to sport the h22..... regarding handling my friends Eg civic handled bad but not as bad as u guy's say or as bad as i thought because of what everyone told me..one last thing..thanks for the link paragus...would u happen to know if they have any more picture regarding this swap?..im going to start hacking the right side of the car where the tranny hits so i want to see some more for reference...Thanks again all

I am taking pictures and mesuring everything out the bad thing about the pictures is that there regular pic's i had 2 digi cam's but one got stolen by my x and my second which was a mini dv camera broke when my friends supra was racing a viper and a porche 911 GT2 i stuck my hand out side to get the shot of the viper drifting away and the LCD snaped off cuz we were going like 135 and the wind snapped it off but atleast the shot was good..but i am mesuring stuff and puttijng evrything down like complety im a Math major so im very anal with detail but once i do get it done i will probly but a site up but it will take me a long as time to scann all the pics though..

dose any one need a jdm fron clip off of a prelude? its missing the whole change over and the ECU but eveything else is there right hadn drive dash the tahc everything and i want to get ride of the whole clip not just the haeadlights etc..i want to get it rid of it all??anyone interested?

put it on some classifieds.. especially honda-tech.com classifieds.. a lot of people look there and im sure a lot of people would see it.

i just sold the clip for 2200 with out the tach and the complete change over i posted it on a part froum and that same day a guy called me up from LA and came and picked it up he was stoked...and so was i cuz i only paid 2600 for it including shippin

you might check out jdmhondaparts.com, i know they sell mounts, axles, linkages. ect for the h22 in an ef, just fyi

Back