h22a into 94 accord ex

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsd-h22a

hello. im new at this so bare with me... i just got done swaping and jdm h22a lsd into my 94 accord ex. the motor doesnt sit evenly. it's slented to the driver side, becuase i used all other three mount form my stock accord but used the prelude driver side mount, so its kinda slented. if you guys have ne idea how i could get it to sit evenly plese help..also my vtec dont seem to kick at all. and the motor chock at 6,500rpm. i think its the ecu, but i used the h22a ecu p13, so the redline supposed to be at 7,200rpm rite? y it chock so early. i have no ideas or clues whats wrong.. please help me out.. every adivce will be appreciates.. :blink:

The stock rev limit for a P13 is around 7700... The low cam rev limit (When vtec is not engaged) is 6500... Are you throwing a check engine light? Also make sure the car has fully warmed up, the ecu will not engage vtec until the temp has reached a certain level...

Originally posted by lsd-h22a@May 23 2004, 11:52 PM
yes my check egine is on... do you knoe why my v-tech is not engaged.? how do i get it to engaged.

Check your codes and find out what code your throwing... I'm pretty sure that'll tell you what's wrong... ;)

Originally posted by HardLowrdRanger+May 24 2004, 09:20 AM-->
@May 23 2004, 11:52 PM
yes my check egine is on... do you knoe why my v-tech is not engaged.? how do i get it to engaged.

Check your codes and find out what code your throwing... I'm pretty sure that'll tell you what's wrong... ;)

:werd:

the motor doesnt sit evenly. it's slented to the driver side, becuase i used all other three mount form my stock accord but used the prelude driver side mount, so its kinda slented. if you guys have ne idea how i could get it to sit evenly plese help..

Um, use the Accord mount? If you don't have one, find one.
so the redline supposed to be at 7,200rpm rite?

redline is listed at 7200, fuel cutoff is 7600 when everything is working right.

Click my sig for a list of the codes. In fact, look at everything. I am willing to bet that your VTEC is not wired correctly, and you'll need all the info you can get. :blink:

i check my engine light. and its throwing a code 6... im using the 94accord ex wire harness with the p13 ecu. is that ok? does the pin on the p13 ecu fit the 94 accord ex wire harness. and i read something about switching the pin A6(EGR solenoid) and A11 (HO2S heater) at the ecu. should i go head and do that or not? is there nething else i need to change or switch the wires around.?

Originally posted by lsd-h22a@May 25 2004, 11:42 AM
i check my engine light. and its throwing a code 6... im using the 94accord ex wire harness with the p13 ecu. is that ok? does the pin on the p13 ecu fit the 94 accord ex wire harness. and i read something about switching the pin A6(EGR solenoid) and A11 (HO2S heater) at the ecu. should i go head and do that or not? is there nething else i need to change or switch the wires around.?

Switching those pins is only for OBD2 Accords... Not your OBD1 Accord... Code 6 is for the coolant temp sensor... That means your ECU cannot properly see the coolant temperature and will not activate vtec...

does, the 94accord ex harness and the p13 pin match up? does i have to switch any pins on the ex harness to match up with the p13 ecu?

Originally posted by lsd-h22a@May 26 2004, 10:49 AM
does, the 94accord ex harness and the p13 pin match up? does i have to switch any pins on the ex harness to match up with the p13 ecu?

As I stated above "Switching those pins is only for OBD2 Accords... Not your OBD1 Accord..." Which means they plug right in...

ok.. as you said my code is throwing a coolant sensor... i have check and i knoe think i knoe whats being done... but wats the wire color for the thormast sensor and the resistance of the coolant temp sensor... becuase i dont knoe which is which.. that might have throw the code..?

i did this swap in an obd2 accord and i didn't have to switch pins a6 and a11. i was alway led to believe that switching those pins was for obd1. i know from experience that you don't have to do in when going from obd2 to obd1.

We tried running an OBD1 P0A and an OBD1 P13 on a 96 Accord with an OBD2a->OBD1 conversion harness... Threw two codes (O2 and EGR)... They definitely need to be switched...

was the accord you where trying this on and lx becasue i did the exact same swap(obd1 p13 with obd2a-obd1 conversion harness) in an 96 ex and it ran great with no codes for almost a year until i had to convert back to obd2 for emmsions. maybe there is a difference between a lx and ex?

im using a 94 accord ex harness on a p13ecu. well i read something and they said to switch the two (A6 and A11) so im not sure.. thats y im asking the question. and read that i have to tap the knock sensor and the IAC sensor. is that rite?

Project Accord>This was a 96 EX Accord... Maybe your conversion harness already had the wires switched if you had told them it was for an accord...

yeah you have to swap those pins on the ECU, and usually i hear your supposed to keep the accord ex ecu, so try that, im gunna be doing my swap soon,

same thing, 94 h22a in a 94 ex, tell me how it goes,

hey project accord Im doing a 93 h22 swap into my 97 lx accord im just having a lot of trouble with wiring do you have a wiring diagram or somthing the can help me with this thanx :angry:

Originally posted by lsd-h22a@May 27 2004, 01:39 PM
im using a 94 accord ex harness on a p13ecu. well i read something and they said to switch the two (A6 and A11) so im not sure.. thats y im asking the question. and read that i have to tap the knock sensor and the IAC sensor. is that rite?

94 EX was VTEC right?
You just need to add the knock and IAB wires to the ECU. Then switch pins A6 and A11.
and usually i hear your supposed to keep the accord ex ecu, so try that, im gunna be doing my swap soon

NO. Use a P13, unless you know of a modified ECU or engine management system that will work better. The P13 is meant for the DOHC VTEC 2.2 Liter Honda engine with Knock sensor. The stock ECU will not provide for the fuel, VTEC, and knock sensor adjustments needed. You car would run, but you wouldn't have VTEC, and it would suck.

Back