H22a Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bump

I have a 95 accord EX

I tring to decide if I want to go and buy a Evo or build up a h22a engine.

I have $10,000 to drop in to a H22a engine with turbo.
( that is not including the engine. I have the money set a side for it.)

How hard would it be to turbo a h22a?

What HP/TQ can I expect?

I would like 275 + HP.

What can I do with $ 5,000 for a build up.

Does any one have and info on the H22a engine parts and how to?
( web site or posted write up on rebuilding it )

not looking for a race car. just want to be able to punch it on the highways.

fahr05.gif
drive28mh.gif

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 26 2005, 11:04 AM
Fuck the Evo, get an STi.

AWD>FWD anyday.
[post=516590]Quoted post[/post]​

:huh: The evo IS awd

And lets not start the evo VS sti thread here.... :p

(Because the new suede recaro seats in the evo own all) :lol:

i know the evo is AWD.

it was in regards to the h22a-T vs EVO or STi.

Actually, to not start this war.

Get an 97-98 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro and mod the hell out of it.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 26 2005, 12:09 PM
i know the evo is AWD.

it was in regards to the h22a-T vs EVO or STi.

Actually, to not start this war.

Get an 97-98 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro and mod the hell out of it.
[post=516601]Quoted post[/post]​

Not a bad choice..... Fuck look into the Saab 92x Aero.....

i wish I had bought a 97 A4...then I could SC it for MUCH cheaper.

I actaully like the look and feel of the newer saabs. I was looking into one, but they were pricier than the audi

With this new GM employee discount shit, you can pick up a 2005 Saab 92x AERO (It has the subaru WRX motor in it and is AWD) for around 19K. It's also MUCH nicer than the subaru, but you can only get it in the wagon. Only till July 5th though.

P.S. - A fully loaded AERO normally goes for around 29K. You are saving @10 thousand dollars on a 30 thousand dollar car. You could turn around and sell it in a year and make money.... :)

I was asking about the H22 engine. I'm not looking for a Race car. I want a good running car. 4 door. I look good on the inside as well as the out side.
( TV,audio,computer,touch screen Nav.)
I also would like a little x-tra HP for passing other cars on highway. And Mid handling.

But, If I could not do it for that much. I would spend the money and buy new.

I'm looking at the EVO 9 GSR edition. ( 283 HP )
the dealer was willing to install a new upgraded engine/kit to make it 410 Hp.
for $5000 more ( kit and installed at dealer). So $ 38,000 total

I don't like the new STI . it the front. I like the old big fog lights ones.
(Looks)

I have driven both the STI and a Evo 8 MR . Around a race track. (both where 2005)

The Evo is faster times. The sti has more HP. (300 HP )

But, the only thing I could figure is the 6 speed Tranny.
Puts it in a better gear when racing.

I think the STI vs the EVO w/ 5 - speed Tranny. STI would be faster.

I do like the STI rear swing (understeer ?)Slide

Well im an H22 freak, and i love the thought of H22A turbo...yummy.

You will need to resleeve the block, and swap the internals...probably about 3 grand in buildup, then about 3-3.5k for the entire turbo setup, get you running at some high boost...ya might put about 350 at the crank...MAYBE 400 at about 25psi.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jun 27 2005, 11:38 PM
Well im an H22 freak, and i love the thought of H22A turbo...yummy.

You will need to resleeve the block, and swap the internals...probably about 3 grand in buildup, then about 3-3.5k for the entire turbo setup, get you running at some high boost...ya might put about 350 at the crank...MAYBE 400 at about 25psi.
[post=517214]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow, great that what I like to here.

$8,000 to run 300+ WHP that will do.

I was looking at pistons. with turbo , should I be running 8.4 , 9.7 , 11.0 Comp ratio?

I'm guessing 9.7?

If you are pushing 25 psi on an built h22 you will be making over 500 whp

yeah turbo accord aint sexy....turbo lude. Now thats sexy. I thought about buying an Evo, but after im done with my car i will have spent the same ammount of money and i love the 4th gen lude.

All performance aside... the Evo is going to have a factory warranty, and peace of mind is worth its weight in gold.

Evo all the way, For a stock car, it's nearly perfect in every way. I don't understand how anyone could even think twice about whether to get a H22 turbo or a brand spanking new Evo.

Its actually really easy. When you see my car painted (in a few years...when i have money back from all the dough i dropped into the engine) lined up against an 05 EVO...youll figure it out. When the smoke clears and my car is down the track in 11 (10 if im lucky) seconds and the evo is still putting along. Youll know why i didnt go with the evo. Me and this prelude are going to be very happy, and i will do everything in my power to make sure that she is very well fed (oil) and running like a champ at all times.

Originally posted by reikoshea@Jul 7 2005, 10:13 PM
Its actually really easy. When you see my car painted (in a few years...when i have money back from all the dough i dropped into the engine) lined up against an 05 EVO...youll figure it out. When the smoke clears and my car is down the track in 11 (10 if im lucky) seconds and the evo is still putting along. Youll know why i didnt go with the evo. Me and this prelude are going to be very happy, and i will do everything in my power to make sure that she is very well fed (oil) and running like a champ at all times.
[post=522415]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao:

10 second prelude..... :bo:

Back