H22a VTEC head, on H23 bottom end

Uppertorso

Is there anything special that needs to be done to make this work. Is it similar to an LS/VTEC job. If anyone has information it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

sleepn_accord

It's not worth it unless you're going to build the motor completely up. I've had a stock H23A and it's only slightly more torquerier than the h22a..but not even enough to be that noticeable.

But there is a writeup somewhere on the net.. I'll try and find it.

Bl6CRX

not worth it!!! buy an h22 instead, i mean stuff adds up quick you need the h22 head, a vtec ecu, h22 oil and water pumps, you should use the little oil squirters...this has been asked a few times search around and see the details

Uppertorso

I appologize if my question wasn't clear enough. A good friend of mine purchased a H22, and the bottom end is blown out of it. But we do have access to a H23 bottom end. I need to know what modifications need to be made to make this setup function. Do we have to run oil pressure to the head like on an LS/VTEC swap??? Any input would be appreciated. :D

I am not asking if it is a good idea for more power, i need to know what modifications I need to do to make it work.

Thanks in advance.