H23a 96 Accord ex swap questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Faamsny

Doing an H23a Vtec Blu top swap in my 96 Accord Ex Manual

I plan on getting the h23a from the accord sir

Been searching facebook groups and forums on swap guides, i still have questions left unanswered, for those who did the swap,some advice would really help.

Im doing p28 chipped ecu OB1 conversion through jumper harness.

Do i have to change the distributor or rewire it on h23a ?

Do you have to do wiring for the iab and the Fuel injectors.

can you use youaccord radiator hose or do you use the one from the prelude vtec?.

And also has anybody able to confirm you can use a 97+ prelude Power steering bracket with the accord line and pump?

Thanks any advice will would help.

Welcome to the site. Looking forward to seeing your build.

I'm certainly no expert in the H-series, but here's some general info to your questions.

The ecu must match the distributor in terms of OBD. The alternator and injectors have different plugs. Both can be converted but it's generally just easier to get the obd1 part from the start. see: How to Rewire an OBD2 Alternator to work on an OBD1 car

the p28 does not have IAB control. You'll need a p13 or p72 for that to function. As an alternative, consider getting an aftermarket intake manifold without IABs.
If you do run IAB, you'll need to run the wire for it
There's additional info here: OBD1 B-series Wiring Guide

Either way, you'll want to chip/tune the ecu. a stock p28 will not properly run this h23a.

This article may help: JDM H23a Bluetop Swap Guide for 93-97 Accord

Welcome to the site. Looking forward to seeing your build.

I'm certainly no expert in the H-series, but here's some general info to your questions.

The ecu must match the distributor in terms of OBD. The alternator and injectors have different plugs. Both can be converted but it's generally just easier to get the obd1 part from the start. see: How to Rewire an OBD2 Alternator to work on an OBD1 car

the p28 does not have IAB control. You'll need a p13 or p72 for that to function. As an alternative, consider getting an aftermarket intake manifold without IABs.
If you do run IAB, you'll need to run the wire for it
There's additional info here: OBD1 B-series Wiring Guide

Either way, you'll want to chip/tune the ecu. a stock p28 will not properly run this h23a.

This article may help: JDM H23a Bluetop Swap Guide for 93-97 Accord
Thanks for the advice, yeah i looked at that article but there some problems that were specific to him because he said car ended being an 95 accord which is obd1. My car is Obd2 and im running the chipped p28 through a obd2 to obd1 jumper harness.

Doing an H23a Vtec Blu top swap in my 96 Accord Ex Manual

I plan on getting the h23a from the accord sir

Been searching facebook groups and forums on swap guides, i still have questions left unanswered, for those who did the swap,some advice would really help.

Im doing p28 chipped ecu OB1 conversion through jumper harness.

Do i have to change the distributor or rewire it on h23a ?

Do you have to do wiring for the iab and the Fuel injectors.

can you use youaccord radiator hose or do you use the one from the prelude vtec?.

And also has anybody able to confirm you can use a 97+ prelude Power steering bracket with the accord line and pump?

Thanks any advice will would help.
A - Welcome to Hondaswap

B - The cross reference material etc is out there there but honestly this is a hassle to be doing to yourself without even having the engine, its a honda and F/H is pretty close it will probably mostly transfer over, when get it take inventory and go from there vs stressing now

Back