Halp_need_working_muffler

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

awptickes

unimpressed by you
VIP
Nice topic, eh? Long story short, I was driving home from work today (about an hour), and my muffler blew up in an intersection. So, because it was an eGay Special, I now have to buy a whole new system, because I'm sure that the flanges are non-standard.

Which is quieter?

https://www.raceinspired.com/p-437-apexi-world-sport-2-ws2-catback-exhaust-honda-civic-dx-hatchback-3dr-1996-2000.aspx

Apexi Noir Catback Exhaust Honda Civic EK Hatch 1996-2000 104BKH09

or maybe something I haven't thought of?

That's the biggest thing, I'm looking for something extremely quite, because I spend a lot of time driving. I like the oval-style better than the fart-can. Less attention-getting, and less likely to blow up when you step on it...

Any other recommendations?

the reason i like the sp2 is its straight through where the others are not, i had it on my rsx type s with race header and no cat, and it was crazy quiet. but you could tell that it was greddy at wot/ wide open throttle

I think I'm going to go for the ws2, although, I still have doubts that it will be quiet at lower rpms (low, as in sub 5k). As it stands right now, the whole interior resonates when I hit 4.5k, and the headliner resonates at 5k. Not cool when this week I'm going to be driving at least an hour each way, every day.

I'm considering the greddy, but it's like $50 more expensive, is it worth the extra $50?

I think I'm going to go for the ws2, although, I still have doubts that it will be quiet at lower rpms (low, as in sub 5k). As it stands right now, the whole interior resonates when I hit 4.5k, and the headliner resonates at 5k. Not cool when this week I'm going to be driving at least an hour each way, every day.

I'm considering the greddy, but it's like $50 more expensive, is it worth the extra $50?
i think its worth the extra 50,,but the ws2 or rsr will be quiet also.

the reason i like the sp2 is its straight through where the others are not, i had it on my rsx type s with race header and no cat, and it was crazy quiet. but you could tell that it was greddy at wot/ wide open throttle

first of al how does you muffler, "blow up"? and second how could you be running a race header with straight pipe exhaust and it not be loud? im runnin a spoon race header with straight pipe exhaust and a set of megan racing racing mufflers ( im runnin dual exhaust) and you can hear me before you see me!

Quiet is a state of mind. I'm starting to think to myself that my race headers and no-muffler setup is quiet. I put out 107 at WOT, but it depends on load.

And I have no idea how it blew up. One of the welds blew out, and it took part of the steel with it.

BTW: Nobody will ship the WS2 over here. They tell me that it's too big to ship USPS. I think they're full of shit. Anyone want to ship me a WS2 universal-fit muffler?

first of al how does you muffler, "blow up"? and second how could you be running a race header with straight pipe exhaust and it not be loud? im runnin a spoon race header with straight pipe exhaust and a set of megan racing racing mufflers ( im runnin dual exhaust) and you can hear me before you see me!
because i am, the greddy sp2 is just as loud as stock with a race header, they just have super good mufflers and resonator.. its very widely known in the rsx world.

Well, the place I ordered from FINALLY got back to me, and told me that they can't ship an Apexi ws2 catback via USPS. (That's really funny, because I've gotten two different catbacks USPS.)

So I'm back to square one.

But to the real point, If I just get the "Universal Fit Muffler", which 'offset' do I need?

WS2 Universal NA 60mm Inlet - Tip - 105mm
WS2 Universal NA 60mm Inlet (Offset-Right) - Tip - 105mm
WS2 Universal NA 60mm Inlet (Offset-Left) - Tip - 105mm

Back