Harness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

APEXi

hey guys i've been havin a looking at my b18 harness ready for the swap and i've noticed there is no plugs on the harness that will plug up to the plugs on the heft side of the engine harness <_<

wot i mean is this.... this is the harness layed out infront of my car....

wOTk5OTAyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

as u can see there is nothing on the drivers side to go to the plugs on the left of the engine harness..

so this is basicly wot it'll be like 1's the harness is fitted.... the red line is the harness

wOTk5OTA0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

so wot im tryin to say here is, have i got the full harness? or do i have to use the driver side of the harness wich is already on the car? e.g.. drivers side door and plugs that match up with the plugs on the drivers side of the engine harness?

i hope u understand wot im tryin to say here lol. its a right hand drive aswell jus so u kno and im gonna be swappin a b18 in

thanx :)

Try taking a picture of teh harness with a background that will actually let us see the plugs instead of a bunch of rocks.

ok here is the harness....

wMTAwMDA0NzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

and here r the plugs labled on the first pic...

wMTAwMDA0ODZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

This r oviously for under the drivers side dash....?

wMTAwMDA0OTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

dunno wot this r for but there defo not gonna plug into the engine harness

wMTAwMDA1MDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

this r for the passenger door and ecu ect..

wMTAwMDA1MTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

these r for the fuse box and passanger side engine harness plugs...?

wMTAwMDA1MjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

this r for the passanger side lights ect..?

hope this helps, there dont seem to be any plugs for the driver side plugs on the engine harness tho <_<

Is that an OBD II harness? That's not a complete anything.

Well, that explains why it doesn't even come close to matching up to your OBD I car. What car is it from? OBD I/II Integras use practially the same harness as a OBD I Civic.

its from a uk spec 1.8 vti civic wich is not a eg or ek chassis its a M summink... its not ur average civic put it that way

Originally posted by APEXi@Jul 12 2005, 11:14 PM
its from a uk spec 1.8 vti civic wich is not a eg or ek chassis its a M summink... its not ur average civic put it that way
[post=524919]Quoted post[/post]​

I know what it is, I live in Germany :) my friend has one. B18C3 y0. Unfortunely, I have found a lot of problems with compatibility here in Europe as far as conventio0nal knowledge of Hondas, and their interchangability as known in the US.

It looks like it is still in teh same family as the OBD II CIvcs in the states, not the Integra, even though the Integra in teh states comes with that motor, and not a Civic. Ghey huh?

A solution would be..replug you harness, and run all the nescessary wires, get a US GSR harness, or a EDM ITR harness, and wire in the IAB manually.

yea just a bit lol, wot u recomend i do then? is there any chance i can get this harness in my eg and run the motor or am i gonna have to get hold of a eg vti harness?

dont forget that the eg4's and eg3's over in the uk r OBD0 lol thats another ghay thing lol

when u say EDM ITR harness do u mean a uk itr?, would a OBD1 eg vti harness plug up corectly to the OBDII engine harness?

Ok, I had a brain fart, you guys are RHD, so a US harness would be backwards. an OBD I VTi harness, no, you'd have to replace some plugs. An ITR harness would be ideal for you.

a OBD1 itr harness yea? im gonna be running a OBD1 p72

with the itr harness i'd have to wire in the secondary butterfly rite?

a JDM GSR harness should be perfect

Originally posted by APEXi+Jul 12 2005, 11:49 PM-->
a OBD1 itr harness yea? im gonna be running a OBD1 p72

with the itr harness i'd have to wire in the secondary butterfly rite?
[post=524945]Quoted post[/post]​
There is no "OBD I" ITR, but for all practical purposes, it would be what you could use locally.

E_SolSi
@Jul 12 2005, 11:55 PM
a JDM GSR harness should be perfect
[post=524954]Quoted post[/post]​

A 96+ one would be absolutely perfect.

You guys have Integra other than ITRs? Lucky, we only got the ITR here :(. Yes, it is the 1.8 DOHC vtec, just like the SiR-G correct?

Back