Have some questions...: Swapping b18b in for d16y7 with an automatic transmission.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jakeinator21

Swapping a b18b from a 99 integra into a 97 civic dx with d16y7. I had been looking at threads for the same swap and like an idiot didn't realize it would make a big difference that I have an automatic trans instead of a manual, which is every thread I can find for this swap. The auto swap is a bit more involved and I've run into a couple of issues.

1 - T Bracket: The usual t bracket for this swap is from the 99-00 civic si, but those never had an automatic trans so I can't get that bracket for my car? (If that is incorrect info please correct me.) I had read somewhere that the t bracket for a 97-01 crv would fit. Can anyone confirm this?

2 - TCU wiring: If I already have the wiring harness and ecu for the integra engine, is running wires for the tcu still as complicated as it would be if I had to run individual wires myself? Or can I cut and splice the existing d16y7 wiring harness with the connectors from the b18b wiring harness? Would it be easier/better to just replace the entire harness?

Other than that everything else in the swap so far has gone as planned.

If I recall, having never done one, EK with auto B-series requires some modification to the passenger side frame rail to sit correctly unless you can score a jdm/ukdm ek4 auto tranny mount, which is basically impossible to find.

It will probably be easier to just to a 5 spd conversion, honestly.

Last edited:
If I recall, having never done one, EK with auto B-series requires some modification to the passenger side frame rail to sit correctly unless you can score a jdm/ukdm ek4 tranny mount, which is basically impossible to find.

Well, I used the original trans mount from my civic and just swapped the bracket out and it fit in the compartment barely. Though I think it might be actually pressing against the frame.

It will probably be easier to just to a 5 spd conversion, honestly.

Any idea how much more cost is involved in doing this? I wasn't doing the swap for power I just needed a well-running car and the b18 was cheap, but if it's gonna cost much more I'll probably just sell the b18 and buy another d16y7. I'm pretty much out of money.

you'd need a 5spd tranny (100+ for an ls) with the si mount (50), a manual b18b ecu (75-100) (or de-soldered to make it manual)https://hondaswap.com/~pills/autotomanual.html
pedal assembly (clutch/brake/gas) (100)
shift linkage ad shifter (99 si, 100)
interior trim pieces (no idea)...
optional cluster change (100)

If you had an EG it would be a much easier swap (can basically use the intergra ls mount and call it a day)

Back