Hell ya got the swap done

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93civicsir

okay just (finally) got my swap done.
awesome. kick ass. i am so impressed. but it is throwing tps code.
i got in my hanes book and found out to adjust it. but i am worried that if might be bad. is there any way besides just hooking it up to an ohm meter? just wondering.
i went to check price at the dealership and the said they couldn't just order the sensor its self, it had to come with the throttle boddy. bs. that just sucks. well any help i would greatly appreciate. thanks.

i would post pics. but i havnt a clue how to.

the TPS is pop-rivitted onto the throttle body. you can't just unscrew it.

chances are, the sensor isn't bad, but rather its wired up wrong, or swapped with a different sensor.

double check your wiring first.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 1 2005, 01:32 PM
the TPS is pop-rivitted onto the throttle body. you can't just unscrew it.

chances are, the sensor isn't bad, but rather its wired up wrong, or swapped with a different sensor.

double check your wiring first.
[post=534051]Quoted post[/post]​

HEY ARE NOT pop-riveted in! It looks like it is, but those are actually screws. And you CAN unscrew it. You need to get a dremel and make a slit on it to get a flat head and turn the screws. Also, if you get a flathead with a good edge on it, and a hammer, Put the edge of the screw driver on the edge of the "rivet looking thing" and hit it in the direction to unscrew it. It'll loosen.

Pull one of your phillips-headed screws out of the cover plate to the FITV. its a perfect fit for the screw holes. Go to a parts/lumber store and get them in stainless, an extra 1/8th inch in length would be a good thing, too.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 1 2005, 04:10 PM
lol 

right...
[post=534132]Quoted post[/post]​

OK, you ate a bowl of stupid for brekfast this morning.. First the highly conductive ceramic, now this.

I'm going to proove you wrong when I get home... HEY, lets make this interesting, since I'm such a dumb ass.. Your rims that you have been trying to sell for way too much VS. My B18 swapped CRX. straight up. If you are right, you get my CRX, If I win, I get your rims.

***EDIT***
I made a tech article out of it. Got impatient waiting for a response.
CLICKY

i don't make bets on hack jobs.

i could duct tape the fucking thing on-- doesn't make it right.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 1 2005, 11:04 PM
i don't make bets on hack jobs.

i could duct tape the fucking thing on-- doesn't make it right.
[post=534246]Quoted post[/post]​

actually b it works very well and the sensors are interchangable just a nother thing honda want mad cash for, when i worked at honda thats what all the techs would do if they had a bad one. we would just sell them to customers for like 50.00

ok, first i am not hitting any sensor with a hammer and screw drive. what the hell.
and second it is a b16a sir II. and the tps sensor is attack with safetyset screws, not rivits. i know, others might be different but mine has safetysets. and i have check three time and it is wired right.
it runs fine (alittle rich) can smell it. but it kick ass, especially when vtec kick in. wow.
this it the first dohc engine i have heard.
i got the motor from hmotoronline. i thought about giving steve a call after checking. but still waiting on the ohm meter.

sorry 93 civic ex with b16a sirII

Originally posted by 93civicsir@Aug 1 2005, 10:40 PM
ok, first i am not hitting any sensor with a hammer and screw drive. what the hell.
and second it is a b16a sir II. and the tps sensor is attack with safetyset screws, not rivits. i know, others might be different but mine has safetysets. and i have check three time and it is wired right.
it runs fine (alittle rich) can smell it. but it kick ass, especially when vtec kick in. wow.
this it the first dohc engine i have heard.
i got the motor from hmotoronline. i thought about giving steve a call after checking. but still waiting on the ohm meter.

sorry 93 civic ex with b16a sirII
[post=534277]Quoted post[/post]​

Some people... *sigh*

You need to read the tech article. You don't hit the sensor, you hit the screw. You don't even have to hit it hard, its more like a tap. It is not a rivet, its a screw. Like it says in the tech article. AND, you would not be doing this procedure on a working TPS anyway. The ONLY reason you would do that procedure is if your TPS was broken in the first place.

You can help some people.. some people you cannot.

ok my bad, i did see the tech article after i wrote it. sorry.
but it is still held on with safety set. star shaped headed screws.
but who cares.
i still havent been able to get a multi meter(ohm, i was off) and check it.
i have alread figured out what i need to do, i am just worried about buying a new one if it is bad.

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@Jul 31 2005, 10:49 PM
i got spare tps, what kinda car, what motor
[post=533808]Quoted post[/post]​

Twisted has one. They are fairly universal for hondas. A d-series tps will fit a b-series. they are all interchangeable. d's will fit d's, b's will fit b's..

i need a new tps, accidently broke it when me and my bro were liftin the motor onto an engine stand. all mine was held in with was torx screws, came out like nothing... just need to find a new one now

they are not all riveted in.. 3 of my b series motors had screws..

Originally posted by chicken@Aug 9 2005, 04:32 PM
they are not all riveted in.. 3 of my b series motors had screws..
[post=538010]Quoted post[/post]​

ive never seen a TPS that couldnt be unscrewed.... They are not pop rivets... not to beat a dead horse of course.

Back