HELP? B15 -> B16 Vtec

GermanCivic

Hi! :)
SORRY! I men the 1992-1995 engines! B15 and B16 I think.!!
I have a Civic with 1.5l 90HP and got a 1.6l 125HP Vtec engine with transmission + Ecu ! Now my question, can i swap the motor 1:1 ? What do I need new? Or can i deduce those 2 machines?
Thx for all information!!

Felix from germany :lol:

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
The Full swap should not be too tough. I assume you are talking about D series nonVTEC to Dseries VTEC.

Jeef

NO MA'AM
VIP
Why spend many hours to swap harnesses when it takes under 2 hours to change all the wires that you need to change.

Baker

umm, swapping a harness with the motor in the car takes only a few hours. When the motor is out of the car it take almost no time at all.

posol

RETIRED
Staff member
MOTOR harness is easy- the DASH is not- and guess where the VTEC wires lie-- in both. have fun re-wiring your dome light, your radio, your CEL, your spedo lighs, your glove box light, blah blah, or add 3 wires.
your choice.

djyox

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 30 2002, 12:32 AM
MOTOR harness is easy- the DASH is not- and guess where the VTEC wires lie-- in both. have fun re-wiring your dome light, your radio, your CEL, your spedo lighs, your glove box light, blah blah, or add 3 wires.
your choice.

I have no idea witch is the better way, but I'm going with this sales speach...... :werd:

Baker

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 30 2002, 01:32 AM
your choice.

ok, run the dash wires buy the engine harness, I don't trrust running to many wires under the hood, theres a lot going on in there tempature and vibration wise and things can come loose