Help - B16A2 data logging with AEM Uego etc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jignesh

Hi Guys,

Have done a B16A2 swap in a Honda City here in India which is Turbo Charged and puts out approx 300whp @ 1 bar of boost. Using a stand alone from Tuned iChips based out of Colombo.

Have the follwing issues that I need help with.

1> Existing issue recently installed a AEM Uego digital AFR and would like to know how I can data log the same. Am not too technical and did not get any kind of software with the guage.

I need to send the afr data log file to my tuner who can then email me another map which i can burn on a chip and run on my car as it is currently running too rich.

In case I need some software is there some site from where I can download the same for free. I think my tuner uses Chrome for tuning the Ecu.

2> Temp guage on instrument console does not seem to be working correctly. Problem the guage goes just a little belwo the half mark and does not move from there. I have installed a Autometer water temp guage as well which shows a lot higher temp than the dash guage. What could be the problem as I am 100% sure that the dash guage is not correct and how do I solve it.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

Regards,

Jignesh

you will need hardware and a tuning program to datalog.
the uego just outputs a 0-5v reading. you'll need to hook the analog output up to some software that will accept that volt readout.

crome is free, but you will need crome pro to datalog ($150), plus the connections to your laptop (ostrich, or other RTP emulator), and at that point, you might as well just street tune the car yourself and not rely on someone else to make a best guess from far away about what your car is doing.

Temp guage on instrument console does not seem to be working correctly. Problem the guage goes just a little belwo the half mark and does not move from there. I have installed a Autometer water temp guage as well which shows a lot higher temp than the dash guage. What could be the problem as I am 100% sure that the dash guage is not correct and how do I solve it.

I'm assuming you think you have a problem with the temp gauge on your stock cluster? Every Honda I have had reached normal operating temp and it was always a slight bit under halfway. The two different gauges are probably reading the exact same temp.. they just gauge different ranges of temperature.

Hi,

@ B - Just noticed the installation sheet which said that I can take a RS 232 cable plug it to my laptop and datalog using Hyper terminal. Will that work.

@Korax - Yes as when the Autometer guage reads e.g 220*F the dash guage is still just below the half mark and when the Autometer reads 150*F the dash guage is the same. Hence my query. How do I check which guage is correct and is it possible to calibrate/repair the wrong one.

Jignesh

Back