HELP B16A2 in 93 hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93hatchb16

Okay i have a 93 hatch automatic i was thinking of a b16 swap i have:
B16a2 motor and tranny
B16a2 engine wire harness
B16a2 axles
b16a2 ecu
Is there anything else that i need to complete the swap?
My brother pointed out the basic stuff like the clutch lines and the clutch pedal.
do i have to change the DASHBOARD wire harness?

The harness ya proably, look in the FAQ page also are u OBO 0 or 1? that u mite want to take into affect as well :p. Also engine mounts ect!

well do u have the mounts? also what year is the motor??? cause its eather obo 0-1-2 and then i dont remeber what the 93 were I beleive 0 but hell! FQA section :)

your car is obd1. all that you need is the jumper harness from obd2 to obd1 on the ecu. everything else is pretty much the same. if i was you i would just use p28 ecu and repin the distributor to obd1

The harness ya proably, look in the FAQ page also are u OBO 0 or 1? that u mite want to take into affect as well :p. Also engine mounts ect!

93=obd1 its a given,

listen man you got alot to think about when you do a manual swap, and its not worth the time and effort. sell that car, and buy a manual transmission shell.

-clutch master cylinder
-clutch lines
-clutch pedal
-you have to make the car think it is in neutral for it to even run..
-and on top of all that, the engine doesnt even fit in there correctly. so

its okay i got cash i just need to know everything i need and i have a 2000 SI ecu that should work right?
thats OBD2
youll need either an obd1 b16 ecu.
the one from the del sol will work(i don't remember the ecu code)
a chipped OBD1 ecu remapped for the b16 will work

obd0 91 and before
obd1 92-95
obd2 96+(theres more variations there)

well i have a b16a2 (obd2) and i have to get a obd1 ecu from del sol. is there any other electrical stuff i need like wires? (Specifics please)

either that get a conversion harness. to use the 2000si ecu

rywire does those as well as about a dozen other companies

okay thx is there anything else, if i get the p28 the do i need the rywire harness?

you don't necessarily need to get one from rywire, there are others out there, but I have not heard any complaints from rywire.

but yes you need a conversion harness to run the p28(it needs chipped along with the proper map for your engine and you don't necessarily need a p28) unless you pull the plugs from the junkyard and trace about 100 wires out yourself. :ph34r:. Then you can't just unplug it to convert back, i made that mistake once.

Back