Help.. Fried ECU??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

78civic

OK, the rain slowed and tried to finish the EX knuckle, ?teg caliper/rotor/40-40 swap. While wrenching off the p-valve i curved the wrench over to get a better 'swing' and brushed the pos+ cable with the other end of the wrench. I did see/hear a spark:mad:

So, finished it up and bled it all nicely but when i tried to start, PMFI light staring at me.. It turns over, radio, horn works, but I didn't hear the fuel pump prime itself either. Dang-it 1/2hr before work!
Checked the fuses at the shock tower, all fine. Checked under the dash, all fine?? Got out, pulled the neg off, pulled the ecu fuse, waited a few sec. and tried again. SAME thing. NO blink at all at the ecu either..

Wouldn't it short out a fuse first before frying items like the ECU?

Again, ALL fuses looked fine. I even pulled them (the blade ones) checked them out with a flashlight, re-installed them.
The large 40-60a ones looked good also.

SO, which 'got it'?? Main relay or ECU or both?

If it's the ECU, can it be 'fixed' by taking it apart and __________?
I know ecu's are cheap for the D15b's but don't want to go and get one from the yard if it's something else.
Again, I ran out of time before work, so I'll be trying a little shot of carb cleaner in the T/B to see if I have spark.. Maybe I fried the pump?

Anywho. Good advise is appreciated

E

Back