help me out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rodney4712

I just got a 2001 honda civic ex. its an automatic..but that won't last long. I need some help building up the engine. If anyone can leave some tips. thanks

Originally posted by H22 Fan@Jun 6 2005, 01:07 AM
B series or H series
[post=508388]Quoted post[/post]​

If you don't know what you are talking about then maybe you should stfu. What if this kid had gone out right away and bought a B series motor to swap in, only to find out now he has to spend another 2 grand on fabrication in order to fit it in his car. <_<

Rodney - A B or H series will NOT fit into your car without tons of modifications. What WILL fit in your car without hardly ANY modification is the K20A from the RSX type S. People regularly see high 12s/low 13s on a stock coupe or hatch with a K20 swap. Expect to pay @ 5k - $7,500 for the complete running, installed swap.

its an auto....take it back and get a stick.....youre SOL

Originally posted by formby@Jun 6 2005, 12:11 PM
its an auto....take it back and get a stick.....youre SOL
[post=508518]Quoted post[/post]​

I didn't even want to get into that... :lol:

If you don't know what you are talking about then maybe you should stfu. What if this kid had gone out right away and bought a B series motor to swap in, only to find out now he has to spend another 2 grand on fabrication in order to fit it in his car.

Rodney - A B or H series will NOT fit into your car without tons of modifications. What WILL fit in your car without hardly ANY modification is the K20A from the RSX type S. People regularly see high 12s/low 13s on a stock coupe or hatch with a K20 swap. Expect to pay @ 5k - $7,500 for the complete running, installed swap.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 6 2005, 12:39 PM
If you don't know what you are talking about then maybe you should stfu. What if this kid had gone out right away and bought a B series motor to swap in, only to find out now he has to spend another 2 grand on fabrication in order to fit it in his car. 

:thumbsup:
[post=508541]Quoted post[/post]​

A NEW CAR

Thanks for the info. :worthy: I have $10k left to put into performance parts. So i will look into buying a K20A swap and the matching 5-speed. Any other help is appreciated. thanks

Originally posted by rodney4712@Jun 6 2005, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the info. :worthy: I have $10k left to put into performance parts. So i will look into buying a K20A swap and the matching 5-speed. Any other help is appreciated. thanks
[post=508569]Quoted post[/post]​

It would actually make it a 6 speed!

As of yesteday my brand new car is in the shop. I was at a stop light when some guy in a chevy with 44" tires ran into the passenger side of my car. :angry: He ruined the door, fender, hood, and front bumper. And then complained i scuffed his tires. But ya. when my car is out of the shop i'll give an update. ;)

k20 swap bro... fuck that.. build a k24 frank...

you need 2 complete engines

k24 longblock from a 03+ CRV, element or 03+ accord

K20 longblock from an 02+ si or 02+ rsx

good luck....

Back