Help me recover files!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

easyheimer

Hey guys. I have a client that dropped off his laptop and he's running Windows Vista on it and he can't log on any of his accounts. All but one are password protected, but when I go to login any of the users I get an error saying "The prfile Service service failed the logon. User Profile cannot be loaded."

So anyways, I hooked the hard drive up to an external enclosure and plugged it in my computer via USB and I can see some of the files in there, but only for the user that does not have the password protection which makes sense.

He wants the files from the password protected users, but I'm not sure how I can get to those files. Does anyone know of any way that I can do this? It would be a huge help, and I might just throw you a couple bucks :p

i lost my password i too have vista. will any of these work for me?

at the login screen push CRTL-ALT-DEL-DEL you should be able to specify administrator as login.

yeas, but when i try to log in as an admin. it asks for the password........which i dont have

Back