Help!!! Need Advice.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So I have a 94 civic EX (d16z6 with a 5 speed).... About 5 days ago it flash flooded here in Las Cruces NM. Im talking like 5 inches. It never rains here. So, i was driving home and hit a puddle far deeper than i realize (I have a cold air intake). After hitting the puddle my car just died. Me and my buddy push it into a parking lot and let it sit for about 30min. After that i try starting it and it takes about 5 tries of cranking it for over 20 seconds. It finally statrs and the motor is making a loud clanking noise and i mean loud. It sounds like metal against metal. I figure it is a bent valve, but relize it could be worse. Well since I had a 3 day weekend me and my friend decide to pull the whole motor since it is not hard. Well i got the motor out and took the head off today. NO BENT VALVES. PISTONS ARE IN GREAT CONDITION. But i turned the crank and on the upward stroke of piston 1 and 4 there is a spot where it "catches" and I have to use great force to get the those pistons to TDC, but on the uppward stroke on 2 and 3 it is as smooth and a babies ass. This doesn't seem normal. I know an h23 doesn't have a "hard spot" becuase I put together one of those. What do you think guys and gals think it is? What do you think I should do? I have been looking at the SiR II complete motor swap with LSD. But i would have to put all of it on my credit card. Please give me advice.

Thanks and God Bless
Leon

xj0hnx

VIP
Sounds like it's time to break out the plastic :)

Realley it depends on if you feel like replacing the rod(s), or just taking this as a sign that it's time to do what you wanted to anyway.