Help on LSVTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
I got:
94 Ls block stock
95 gsr head stock
Itr pistons,rings, and rods(not installed) I dont have a tranny yet cause i really havent had any straight answers from anyone so a recomendation would be great.

OK what I wanted to know was, will my Ls crank be able to handle the itr pistons, and rods.
What will I have to do to the block sense I am putting in these pistons,and rods. also what will I have to do to the head sinse these parts are in the block?

You LS crank will not take the ITR rods, 1 they are too long and, 2 the journals on the crank are the wrong size.

You can machine the pistons to fit your old LS rods. Assuming that there is no damage to the cylinder walls all you should have to do for the new pistons is hone the cylinder walls and get some new rings.

As for a tranny, 94+ GSR if you need a less expensive alternative, ideally you want a Type R transmission.

I recieved the first post as an email and rather than replying to the question via email or being a jerk to the sender I posted it here then answered it.

Back