Help! Please help!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I<3myhonda

hello all, ok here is a lil background, i just picked up a 91' Civic HB STD, when i first got it it ran but felt like it was being strangled. CEL 1 (o2 sensor) so i replaced it, cleared the code and bam cel code 1 o2 sensor again, after 3 o2 sensors i finally found out the problem to be clogged cat. so i got a new cat and she ran as good as a stock d15b2 dpfi could. then maybe a few weeks later i was driving down the hwy and all of a sudden i felt less power. in low rpm's it sounds like a wrx, so after searching and trouble shooting i found it could be my coil in the dizzy, since while thecar was running i would pull 1 plug at a time to see if it made any difference. well cylinder #2(counting down from dizzy) with plug pulled made no difference. so i swapped dizzy's. started it back up, no change. i the pulled the spark plug and made sure i was getting spark and i was. so this leads me to believe im not getting fuel. but since its DPFI (at the moment) it seems weird to me that only 1 of 4 cyl are not getting fuel. since its dpfi atleast 2 cyl shouldnt be getting fuel, not just 1. so i am stumped:( i know my rings are bad because im burning oil in high rpm's, so when i slap my z6 head on ill change out the rings. as soon as i get a obd0-obd1 jumper and obd1 harness the z6 head is going on so i can have MPFI and vtec. but untill i get those last few parts i still need my car to be running ok because i drive all over for work. im thinking of just throwing the z6 mani on for now when i get the wires so i can just get another block and build it so i know it will last. but that still leaves me with a geo metro 3 banger instead of my 4 slanger. iv replace fuel filter,o2 sensor 3x, dizzy,plugs, wires, but i and stumped!. can someone PLEASE help me out!! i got the weekend to get it running right so its kinda important. Please and Thanks in advance

Let me get this straight. After replacing the dizzy the car wouldnt start? Thats what it sounds like your saying.

no, it would start but nothing changed, no difference. cyl #2 is getting spark but no fuel. and its dpfi so atleast 2 cyl shouldnt be working

dpfi= 1 injector feeds all four cylinders, and a auxillery injector helps out when more fuel is needed.
i had my d15b2 do what yours is doing, then cleared up and ran fine.
2weeks later the #4 cylinder split open a 1/4 inch wide.. could be a ring land giving out, letting oil foul the plug for number 2..

so should i take the manifold off and check/clean/replace the inj.? and this prolly sounds dumb but how do you even get to the injector/injectors? do i have to take apart the whole manifold? or is there a different way to get to it? iv been looking and dont seem to see it very clearly. got pics or diagram? and thanks for a response

if three cylinders run, its def not an injector. the same injector that feeds cylinder #s 1,3,4 feeds number 2 also.
do a compression/leakdown test.
pull the plugs and see what they look like, if number 2 looks darker, then you are probably fouling the plug.
it could be oil or antifreeze.

i wouldnt worry about the injectors, they are mounted on the front side of the throttle body, one is green and one is brown iirc..

it is darker so it is gettin fouled up but i swapped in a new plug and tried again and no change, i gave it no time to foul up and still problem exist

oh and idk if i mentioned it or not but it seems to run a lil better in the higher rpms

so what do i need to do to get it running ok for another few weeks so i can get the rest of the swap part together?

pulled injectors, is the top or bottom primary? the top inj. was a lil dirty and was surrounded by gas when i pulled it. bottom one not as much. if i were to swap them would i do horrific damage?

you can get spark through a messed up wire, it is delayed though and not as strong.
i wouldnt mess with the injectors, i think the top was primary.

k, i tried using the plug wires from the z6 head but i know they are different bc of vtec but would it make a huge difference? or should i just swap #1 with #2 or #4 with #2?

didnt make a difference, pulled #4 plug while running and #2 plug while runnging and made no difference.. so it must be one of the injectors right? oh and now i threw a cel code 5 (map sensor) would that cause these issues?

i meant swap the wires for #'s 2 & 1 at the head and dizzy both. if the missfire moves to #1, then you know it was the wire. if the miss doesnt change cyl then the wire is good, and at that point i'd do a compression test.
also make sure the points inside the dizzy cap arent bent.

Back