Help With Axles

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What is the easiest way to get the axles off? I tried to get the lower arm off but it won't move.

Also what is the easiest way to get the sping pin out off the shift linkage?

Even a Chiltons tells you how to remove the axles.What do you mean it doesn't tell you how to get them off?Your trying to say it doesn't give you a step by step for disconnecting and removing the axles?

Originally posted by HondaMan_2002@Feb 20 2003, 07:12 PM
It dosen't tell me how to get the spring pin out.

I'm not sure if it is a 8mm 10mm drive pin,but you need that and a hammer.It isn't easy as it is designed not to come out unless convinced.

to get the spring pin out of my shift linkage, i used a 1/4 inch non tapered drift.

for the axles, break the hub nut loose, remove the damper fork, then remove the nut from the lower ball joint. next using a ball joint seperator or something of similar design, split the ball joint from the spindle. now your hub should be free to rotate. now pull the hub forward and rotate toward the back of the car while holding the axle in place, then pull the axle out of the transmission. it helps to have a friend for this process because manuvering around all that stuff can be akward.

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Feb 20 2003, 11:00 PM
it helps to have a friend for this process because manuvering around all that stuff can be akward.

Hell yea,try putting it back together on a lift by yourself,that sucks ass.

get a punch and a hammer and pound the pin out from the bottom.

for the axles.. get a 32mm socket and just use an air tool and zap it out.

then you'll need to remove the cotter pin and use a 17mm socket to take the bolt off the bottom and then beat it with a hammer directly in front of the hole there is a little flat surface .. hit it there then every once in a while tap it up to see if it moves

i did it 4 times yestserday

Back