help with b20vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jiajiexue

i have b20b with gsr head, bone stock, im thinking upgrade the cam.
is kinda cam is the best? is reliable to change the cam itself without upgrade the bottom block? how much HP is genna be after the cam is installed?

gude gorilla cams or crower 403's, and dont forget the valvetrain.....get yourself an aem intake, a kamikaze hedder and an exhaust system before you get the cams. motor needs to breathe. your looking at roughly 10-15 on average. you can put in new bumpsticks w/o upgrading the bottom end, but at least do arp rod bolts and head studs if you plan on high revs.

Last edited:
cali..........yes they are good. that s just me cause i use his products and mr gude is not tight with info. he will tell you want you want to know. i'm working on my car right now and shooting for 12's all motor non-vtec with gude head package and basic bolt-ons. this time around i'm going to stuff integra type r pistons and bigger cams and run it at 28 degrees overall timing. this set-up will put me in the high to mid 12's all motor non-vtec.

If you have a GSR head, and you only want to rev it to 7k, then I would go with the CTR cams and keep the valvetrain the way it is. No need to spend an ass load of cash on the valvetrain for only 7k rpm.

I hope this helps!

Back