help with my civic h23

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zap45

hello guys yesterday there was a bad dust storm my car was running fine, today
was running ok full power until all of a sudden the idle was bad and lost power,
do you guy think i suck alot of dust into my engine, now i only running 2 cylinders and bad idle, do you think my injecters went bad?
btw the my cold air intake rubber was torn all the way

any suggestions? thanks

you probably nailed it on the head with your post. remove the intake and see how much dust is in there. If you see lots of particles that will tell you that even more went into your motor causing who knows how much damage.

ok the fuel pressure is fine
ww switch the cap and rotor and ignition coil
still runs bad also cant even go past 3k rpm
any suggestions

ok the spark plugs color are firing better but now. I cant even go past 3k rpm without my car holding back or bogging down. Could a bad fuel resistor box or bad fuel filter cause this to happen? any suggestions thanks

would a bad tps sensor cause my car not go past 3 rpm because we tried a new fuel filter, spark plugs, injectors, timing is ok
any suggestions?

When the dust got into your Trottle body it proably messed with you Trottle sensor causing a bad fed to the ECU.... Also on your TB there is a line to the map sensor on the fire wall, take an air hose and clean it out. If your map sensor is plugged it will caused your h23 to go into limp mode along with only being in 3k... with the bogging issue sounded like to much fuel cause of ya dust.

sounds to me like you just have an air intake problem, some carb cleaner and some q tips and you should beable to clean it up nice... also there r your Butter Fly Valves, un plug them so they stay open all the time see if this also is a problem.. they are on the front side of your intake manifold

ok we tried cleaning hose and checking the sensors and the tps sensor and map sensor
still cant rev past 3k
btw my engine is a f22b dohc non vtec
is there any else to try?

also the compression is good, along with the fuel pressure above normal, being ok timing is fine, only thing we have not tried is the cap and rotor and ignition coil.

Try cleaning them off.. the coil can not be making contact & your car would miss fire like a SOB, as u have stated. Also another thing I though about having u check to make sure each cylender is getting fuel. Simply remove the spark plug wires, crank the car over and check to see if they r wet. if they r thats a good thing, if they r not, u have a fuel issue, or Vacum line issue and your not getting any fuel to them... just another idea

ok thanks again i will try it out and tell you whats happens

Good deal, hope someone elts will be around to help u.... I'm gone on a plane in 3 hours for a month with no internet access as I'm travling around the US haah

ok i got a pic of a sensor or valve which maybe the problem, when i disconnect the vac hose from the intake manifold from the this sensor my rpms are gradually coming back i rev it today went 6k rpm when the vac hose is connected it wont rev past 3k rpm. Is this sensor causing the problem? it could be clogged
also is the this the egr in the pic?

Attachments

• valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 558
ok just tried tps sensor still no result, we can smell raw fuel outside and inside the car, on the tps sensor is the voltage suppose to be 12+ or 12- or 5. Also we switch the fuel pressure regulator still no result im running out of options either rebuild the engine or another engine.

Please any other suggestions

Engine management sensors are 5v. If you removed a vacuum line and your car ran better it's because you're letting un-metered air into the engine. I would say disassemble your intake manifold and clean everything. Pay extra attention to your fast idle valve or idle air control valve. It's probably clogged with dust.

Your intake valves must be okay if unmetered air is allowing the vehicle to rev up higher. I would say the problem lies between your throttle body and the intake valves of the head. You could have clogged vacuum lines anywhere near the intake plenum.

ok what secondary ignition would that cause a problem as well?

ok we cleaned the vac lines changed the ignition coil and no fix, would the ignitior car or a fuel resistor box cause my car to run this way?

Back