Help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMisaac

JDM"S FINEST
I just got a 94 eg hatch with a b20b engine gsr transmission with a 6 puck clutch.

So the first gear on the seems to fight a bit not like its grinding but sounds more like the stick is rubbing on the base of the car or something rather. and when its in neutral and i shake the stick sounds like my linkage is bouncing around would that cause the first gear problem ? only every once in a while the weird sounds happens and its not only while driving.. Can be fully parked cars off and it does it at a light stop sign and i talked to the person i bought it from and he said that i need to start going 2 to neutral witch i am and seems not to do it as much.
the noise that is.

but with the noise it makes when i shake the stick back and fourth is that anything to worry. sounds like its hitting the motor or something rather. and thanks.

Sounds like you've got a problem with your shift linkage, have you got under the car to make sure that everything is properly attached?

Check the pin between the linkage and tranny. You should have a c clip over it and a pin that's a PAIN to get out under the c clip. If you have a bolt there instead you get a lot of slop when you move the shifter left to right and sometimes enough to make it impossible to shift.
Also check your mounts, you could have torn rubber or a mount bolt loose or missing.

Back