hi def movies... they're here :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The Fifth Element, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Desperado, For a Few Dollars More, The Guns of Navarone, Hitch, House of Flying Daggers, A Knight's Tale, Kung Fu Hustle, The Last Waltz, Legends of the Fall, Resident Evil Apocalypse, Robocop, Sense and Sensibility, Stealth, Species, SWAT, XXX, Black Hawk Down and The Bridge on the River Kwai.

why do 3/4 of these movies suck????

i can't wait to go to best buy and see all of these still on the shelves.

but... but... black hawk down on hi def 1080p... oh i can't wait.

maybe he thinks that it will get rid of the pixelation he has on his projection tv. GRRR HIGH DEF.

pixleation? wtf is that?

neonmike and E can vouch for the tv.

even standard channels like History come in cyrstal clear.

everybody should buy an xbox 360. it plays the hi-def and upgrades current dvds to a higher quality.

ummm no. xbox doesn't play blu ray.

and most $100 dvd players will offer up-convertion now-a-days. but still, thats only 720p/1080i.

i'm talking 1080p y0

The Fifth Element = Milla Jovavich with more detail ? Can I see the actual rock dissolving in her bloodstream ? AWESOME. I love this movie, and I love Milla.

House of Flying Daggers, = haven't seen it, heard it would be worth it.

A Knight's Tale, = "Dude, where's my lance?" What a waste.

Legends of the Fall, = Seriously good good good good movie. Needs high definition ?

Robocop, = Holy old movie batman. With high definition you can now see the fine lines in the Blue Screen

Black Hawk Down = I've memorized this movie. Now, I will memorize it in high definition. It's like Skinny is in my living room !

The Bridge on the River Kwai. = Waste of technology. YEah, good movie but damn son - They didn't even have high definition eyesight that long ago. Everyone saw black and white for shit's sake.

Quoted post[/post]]
ummm no. xbox doesn't play blu ray.

and most $100 dvd players will offer up-convertion now-a-days. but still, thats only 720p/1080i.

i'm talking 1080p y0

Hope your TV has an HDMI port b/c that's the only way you'll make the best out of that. Y/Pb/Pr is decent for 720 pro/1080 inter but you'll need some serious bandwidth for 1080 progressive

That and HDMI is *UNCOMPRESSED* (There go my nippies again!)

yup. hdmi tv (2 inputs actually) and its 1080p.

my dvd player currently has up-converting hdmi, but like all dvds, its maxed out at 480p (thats what dvd's are encoded with)

i knew it was coming, and thats why i didn't cheap out and save a couple hundred bucks for the 720p version.

PICT0022.jpg

word.

i'm saving for when the 1080 dpi comes in smaller than 52"

dpi is the way to go for ultimate tv. but only xbox 360 is up to that. the dpi comes in 720 in all sizes. the 1080 dpi technology is ahead of movie and tv capabilities though.

the 1080 dpi tv cost wayyyy too much right now.

dpi = dots per inch.
dpi is something used for printing onto paper or such. NOT screens.

screens use pixels, not dpi.

you really don't know what you're talking about....

Back