Hmm Swap Idea Guys, dead serious

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dilbeckskate

infamous
Soo I was bored off my mind and started thinking abt this swap ive honestly wanted and thought about doing for years but was never in the financial situation to just dump money into a project like Im able to now, dead serious I want to putt a Cadillac northstar v8 in a fwd honda, preff ef 88-91 civic hatchback or crx, just because Its my specialty chassis, anyways you guys think its possible to shoehorn it in there ? what about wheelbase length differences ? suspension ? think its worth trying or just might as well forget about it ? honestly looking for opinions

put this
ccrp_0607_09_z+finding_performance_in_the_junkyard+cadillac_northstar_engine.jpg

Into this ?? :0 (just a shell in general)
49984d1117137935-1989-honda-crx-dx-shell-mvc-012f.jpg

for example 94-99 cadillac de ville wheelbase is 76.5 in (1,943 mm) wide, and the 1991 honda crx si is 65.9, thats only 10 inches off, and thats a de ville with those huge front tires and fenders

I don't think a single persona can advise you on this.

If you have the tools to hack/cut/weld/move things, the money, and the time, anything is possible.

Seems like youre gonna have to be the one to Pioneer this operation man.

Best of luck to you though.

i dont think its worth it on my ends get another engine for da rex or jus attempt the k20 swap with turbo for one of ur bored adventures

I wouldn't do the swap, but get to a junk yard and start making measurements on the northstar. I imagine that the engine/tranny combo will be too long and the engine will probably be too wide to fit.
I love crx's and all but if you have the money to burn on something like this why don't you get a nice rwd car to fuck around with, or put the money into the suspension of your crx.

Mounts, engine harness, axles and header are the big questions I would have. If you are comfortable welding and wiring.....shoudn't be too bad if they got one in that old VW above

Ha im very comfortable welding/relocating and fabricating , and I live in a house full of custom car builders that are also happy jumping balls deep in fabrication being a pioneer in a swap thats never been done before, yes im prob goin to a pull-a-part locally and measure the engine/trans, and look at the mounts and crossmember, and harness/ecu is the easy part, just getting the engine mounted is going to be the fun part, and its never been done anywhere, im tired of swaps that are literally buy swap mounts, harness and ecu and misc stuff and plug and play, and that golf is a deff mindset showing that it can be done, lol i will post pics soon when I take measurments and etc.

if you can compensate for the exces weight in the front you can pull it off pretty easy, a little torch work and some finaggeling you can make it happen. some friends of mine and i dropped a 440 big block in a chevette once upon a time in a junk yard for a yard car... jus sayin where theres a will, there was probally a hamer involved.

If you're really going to attempt something of this magnitude - make it a mid or rear engine build. Then, it would scream.

Last edited:
Ha im very comfortable welding/relocating and fabricating , and I live in a house full of custom car builders that are also happy jumping balls deep in fabrication being a pioneer in a swap thats never been done before,

im tired of swaps that are literally buy swap mounts, harness and ecu and misc stuff and plug and play, and that golf is a deff mindset showing that it can be done, lol i will post pics soon when I take measurments and etc.

Your over-confidence in your abilities is a contradiction to you asking for input. If you are so good and have such wonderful resources.....why ask? Just do it. And you are tired of swaps that are plug and play. You have done how many of these?

Your over-confidence in your abilities is a contradiction to you asking for input. If you are so good and have such wonderful resources.....why ask? Just do it. And you are tired of swaps that are plug and play. You have done how many of these?

my thoughts exactly. people who know how to do this stuff just start building and post a thread about it. people who can't do it, ask online.

this guy knew what he was doing, had a better car to start with and a bigger engine bay. he still said, 'fuck it'.

1993 Prelude Through hell and back. - Honda-Tech

this has inspired me to finally drop two fwd motors and assemblys in my civic... think it can be done? and sync them together?

Back