Holiday Gift Spin off Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigJ

I'm just about that action Boss.
VIP
Alright, so there was a thread about what you want for christmas. Now let's do the opposite. What are you getting other people for christmas?

I'm getting my significant other a gucci joy boston bag. Yeah. I know she's going to spoil me, so I'm going to surprise her.

I'm done shopping. my son is 6 so he's easy, fuck anyone else. Get a job and buy your own shit. Didn't you hear we're in a recession.

nieces - train set (kids one... not a real deal )
sister/bro in law - no clue... probably a gift cert
mom/dad - no clue... probably a gift cert
grandpa... no clue. he has everything
friends -- doing a grab bag, so i gotta find something for $15

thats about it tha ti buy for...

Dad - concert tickets for John Hiatt
Sister - possibly this kitchenaid professional mixer, but I can't find it anywhere for less than $275
Mom - probably LCD monitor, hard drive, and ram.

No girl to buy for this Christmas. Everyone else will get the standard < $50 presents.

Dad - concert tickets for John Hiatt
Sister - possibly this kitchenaid professional mixer, but I can't find it anywhere for less than $275
Mom - probably LCD monitor, hard drive, and ram.

No girl to buy for this Christmas. Everyone else will get the standard < $50 presents.

I got my mom one of those kitchenaid's some time ago.

We got lucky actually. I went to kohl's just to price them out, and an employee informed they had some in the back that were damaged that they could sell at discount. Turned out the packaging got damn so it wrinkled, and they couldn't sell them for much. So I paid like 140 and got the best one they had there. Has the bowl lift, all the attachments, and was the high end professional series. Definitely the best gift I ever gave, but then again I had to explain the box when mama opened it.

I got my mom one of those kitchenaid's some time ago.

We got lucky actually. I went to kohl's just to price them out, and an employee informed they had some in the back that were damaged that they could sell at discount. Turned out the packaging got damn so it wrinkled, and they couldn't sell them for much. So I paid like 140 and got the best one they had there. Has the bowl lift, all the attachments, and was the high end professional series. Definitely the best gift I ever gave, but then again I had to explain the box when mama opened it.

I looked at some of the refurb'd ones and they look to run at $200 + shipping, so its only a saving of $40 from the $275.

I should quit whining and just buy it because the money is better spent on something she'll like then me going out to the bar on a weekend.

I looked at some of the refurb'd ones and they look to run at $200 + shipping, so its only a saving of $40 from the $275.

I should quit whining and just buy it because the money is better spent on something she'll like then me going out to the bar on a weekend.

True.

Check costco, sometimes they have a better model for the same price as the lower models at department stores.

And color check that bitch. Make sure it matches that kitchen of hers. I got lucky and got a black one and it matched mom's appliances, otherwise, if it were any of the others, it would have stood out like a sore thumb.

Should have mentioned, she currently has this one and she's afraid the motor is going. On Black Friday this thing was $130 at Walmart. I should have just snagged it then. I could have had two for less than the cost of one of the red ones.

The catch is she wants the red one or blue one and not the white one. Well, gee golly, they mark those colors up an extra $100.

Sam's Club usually doesn't offer discounts or coupons with their stuff. Usually. However, if you purchase it online, I believe the shipping is free if you pick it up from the store. Don't quote me on any of that, because I could be wrong. Been a while since I have looked into it.

i'm going to give my brothers/sisters a lifetime gift subscription to pandora radio.

Thats not bad, now if I could find a 20% of Sam's club coupon online or in a circular or something. I don't know if they do coupons for Sam's club though.

The professional HD series is wayyyyy beter than the classic. Has bowl lift, more watts, etc.

Back