Holy Bejesus

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

ive had dsl for about a month now and the first 2 weeks was awesome.. it was remarkably faster than my 56k and dled like 70 times faster.. but within the past week, DSL is slow as crap.. its sometimes slower than 56k.. and im paying 40 bucks for slower than 56k dsl?? anyone have an idea? btw, im using SBC and i dont know ANY computer talk.. if anyone knows, put it in layman's term or explain thorougly, like wtf is PPope or watever.. thanks guys

we had the same problem with sbc, ended up being something with their lines, keep bugging them, they'll come out and fix it

how much did it cost and how long did it take?? it took me ages to just get my fucking dsl after i ordered it.. people werent like about the shit-like service you get from them

ya, i used to get shit service from them too, but up here in vacaville it seems they've shaped up. it cost us nothing for them to fix it, since it was their problem, and it took about 1.5 weeks, after checking everything... we were on the ball calling them a lot though.

I had the same problem with Verizon, they came out and fixed it the next day. I have had them out 4 times otherwise though, because when it goes down, I call and I am pretty close to the service depot delio.

fucking crap man.. i did a speedtest on some sites and my download speed was like 253kbps - 300 ish but my upload speed was like at 40 kbps which is suppose to be at least 128.. crap, so i should call them? its not me thats broken right? its the service?

384 kbps to 1.5Mbps downstream and 128kps upstream.. those are the speeds for my service.. anyway, so my internet is normal? but how come it was so fast when i first got it.. now pages takes as long as 56k to load..

kilobytes/kilobits for those of you who cant tell the difference.

i called them mofos and was on wait for like 30 minutes.. then the 'tech' tells me to do what ive already done 239047209742 times.. turn off the cpu, the modem, unplug, wait 1 min, then reboot everything.. i got the blaster worm, i dl the windows update, i dl the patch, i used the FixItTool, and did everything else imaginable to my compression.. ive even tried the software tweaks, but my dsl is still slow as hell.. the tech, basically said i dont know and told me to wait it out and if its still slow call them..im extremely aggravated..

dsl is only good when your in a 2 mile radius from teh providers hub.

Cable ownz

Guess what I got in the mail yesterday? A group lawsuit filed against SBC for that exact reason. Legal mumbo jumbo. Suing for falsly claimed speeds, bad tech suport, etc.... I'm all over it. I think I get 2 months of DSL service refunded. $100 for me... :woo:

heard about that.. do i get some of that shit too? or do i have to file some kinda shit?

Back