Honda dealership

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mozzandherb

I might have the opportunity to have a Honda dealership install my h22 into my Accord. Now to me that sounds like the best way to do it, but I do have some friends who could also do the swap, but there not as qualified as the Honda dealership. What do you guys think??

i think the dealership will charge you 3 grand to do it.

where are you from? i bet you can get 2 or 3 heads over to help out for beer and pizza.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 30 2005, 02:14 PM
i think the dealership will charge you 3 grand to do it.

where are you from? i bet you can get 2 or 3 heads over to help out for beer and pizza.
[post=518711]Quoted post[/post]​

Dude I just realized that you are member #1. Are you the one who started this website?? Anyway back to the topic, the thing is that the President of a local dealership here loves golf and so does his son. He wants to have his son take lessons and have a membership here. So since I teach golf I was thinking about doing a little bartering with him. I don't know what he'll say but yeah I could have a couple of my buddies do the job, but if I can sort out some deal with this guy I think I would go to the dealership. Not that I don't trust my buddies in doing the job, but I think the dealership would be better, do you?

yes, i started this place.

but i still think its going to cost you a shit load.

fact is-- the tech needs to get paid. the president isn't going to be doing the manual work, thats for sure.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 30 2005, 02:50 PM

fact is-- the tech needs to get paid. the president isn't going to be doing the manual work, thats for sure.
[post=518757]Quoted post[/post]​

F the dealer. They probly wouldn't know where to start. Like B said get some beer pizza and friend and make it a fun time 2-3days tops.....one day if you had all the parts and had done it before. But either way its cake.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 30 2005, 02:50 PM

Yeah I realize the tec would have to be paid, but maybe this guy can work something out with him. I don't know it's a shot in the dark!.. BTW awesome site man, lots of info here.

Originally posted by n1mr0d+Jun 30 2005, 02:54 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jun 30 2005, 02:50 PM

fact is--  the tech needs to get paid.  the president isn't going to be doing the manual work, thats for sure.

F the dealer. They probly wouldn't know where to start. Like B said get some beer pizza and friend and make it a fun time 2-3days tops.....one day if you had all the parts and had done it before. But either way its cake.
[post=518762]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah your probably right. I've had this engine sitting there for almost a month now my friends just don't seem to have the time to do it.

Originally posted by mozzandherb@Jun 30 2005, 03:56 PM

Yeah your probably right. I've had this engine sitting there for almost a month now my friends just don't seem to have the time to do it.
[post=518765]Quoted post[/post]​

Honda swaps are SOOO easy. My first swap took about 3 days, and my last swap I did, We did 2 full engine swaps in 3 days.

dude if your firends have done a swap before. Let them do it and buy them some beer.

A dealership will rape you no matter what kind of "deal" you work out.

like everybody said... swaps are a cakewalk. i did my first one in a day.

my local dealership won't even service swapped cars, they'd never even think of performing one. but, even if you could have the dealership do it, you'd leard so much from doing it yourself with some friends that it'd be worth the extra time just for the learning expirence.

3 days damn you guys are slow lol a couple of friends took my buddies EG hatch motor OUT and put the B16A2 in all in ONE day lol!!! no problems! thats probably why it was so easy they studied what to do for like a week

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Jun 30 2005, 10:07 PM
3 days damn you guys are slow lol a couple of friends took my buddies EG hatch motor OUT and put the B16A2 in all in ONE day lol!!! no problems! thats probably why it was so easy they studied what to do for like a week
[post=518871]Quoted post[/post]​

Most people include takeing the motor OUT and replacing it part of the swap. Taking the engien out is half the work

the hard part is lining up teh new mounts. start with the rear mount, go to the tranny mount, then the driver side mount.

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Jul 1 2005, 03:07 AM
[post=518871]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh look, a pissing match. I removed, and swapped in two motors in six hours....by myself :)

Originally posted by abdelsol@Jul 1 2005, 09:13 AM
Well, I took the motor out 13 month ago and it still isn't back in. so there.... :lol:
[post=519039]Quoted post[/post]​

he beat us all NOOOO LOL :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Originally posted by B16CRX@Jun 30 2005, 08:02 PM
dude if your firends have done a swap before. Let them do it and buy them some beer.

A dealership will rape you no matter what kind of "deal" you work out.
[post=518849]Quoted post[/post]​

Alright f**k the dealership!

well since its already gone off topic.

I used to pull the LS out of my first hatch all the time. For random shit. I did it for the experience.

Axle broke....better pull the motor out.

Clutch needs a bolt torqued and extra pound....pull the motor out.

I didn;t let anyone actually touch anything in the engine bay so it was by myself.

it was 5-6 hours, because a fmaily member went to work when I started pulling it and I was starting it up when they got back.

Back