Hondaswap.com donations to the Red Cross

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
From Hurricane Katrina.

The Admins on Hondaswap.com will be taking donations to do a collective donation on part of Hondaswap.com to the American Red Cross. If you feel as though you can spare $1, $5, $10 or more, it will go to aid in the relief support for those that have been effected from this natural disaster.

We will be taking donations until Saturday, September 10 2005. If you would like to donate, please paypal your amount to steve@hartct.com. We are accepting all donation amounts. We will keep a running tab of how much has been donated and by whom. I personally will be adding in the % that paypal takes so that all donated dollars go to the American Red Cross.

Thanks for your anticipated support and response.

www.paypal.com - steve@hartct.com with your donation amount.

Donators
  • Steve - Bob Vila - $50.00
    Brian - Pissedoffsol - $100.00
    Jared Rich - Battle Pope - $20.00
    Jeramy Drake - Drake - $10.00
    Nick - Havok - $20.00
    Micah - Micah - $10.00
    Mike - B16 - $50.00
    Jean-Paul - Formby - $10.00
    Beau-Beau Safken - $20.00
    Russel - allbottledup - $15.00
    Matt - swanny - $20.00
    Mike - Calesta - $25.00
    Joevanni - Estorvito - $10.00
    Antonio - Vtecin5th - $15.54
    David - projectxspeed - $20.00
    Ben - lswhitecivic - $25.00
    Todd - preludebuddy - $15.00
Running Total Hondaswap.com Donations - $435.54

The lack of donations is disappointing...

If you feel we're doing this to pocket cash, you are WRONG.
Once we have a decent amount, and within a few days, ALL 100% of donations will be going to the redcross. As owner of this site, you have my word on this. Steve is collecting it, because he offered to keep track of it.

Sorta like our x-mass donation we made last holiday season to the meals for the needy campaign.

If you don't have paypal, you can contact us to send a check, or you can make a donation on your own if you wish. but as a group, we can make a difference.

Steve and I donated a lot of cash. We are admins of the site, and well, we both have pretty good jobs :p

we are NOT expecting that from most of you.

Expected average donations are $5-$10 or so, so please don't think that you have to give a lot of money.

What did you expect? People to shower steve's paypal account with donations within 5 minutes? At least you recognise that most people can't just let go of 50 or 100 bucks at the drop of a hat.

In all seriousness, why go off when the post's only been up a couple of hours? a lot of people probably haven't even seen it yet.

I'll be sending 20 bucks as soon as I can.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 2 2005, 11:25 AM
What did you expect? People to shower steve's paypal account with donations within 5 minutes? At least you recognise that most people can't just let go of 50 or 100 bucks at the drop of a hat.

In all seriousness, why go off when the post's only been up a couple of hours? a lot of people probably haven't even seen it yet.

I'll be sending 20 bucks as soon as I can.
[post=548753]Quoted post[/post]​

50 views, and 2 donations... thats a pretty low turn out so far...

and again, we are NOT expecting 50 bucks.

hell, send the change thats in your paypal.. you aren't missing it...

$20 sent.

Still, just because people are viewing the thread doesn't mean they can jump onto paypal straightaway and send money. Give it a day or two.

in a day or two, 100's more people could be dead.

the sooner the cash gets to them, the better.

Not trying to turn this into a debate - I realize that this is time sensitive. I just don't understand how you can expect many donations after the thread only being up a couple hours. Steve should have my donation though.

Just now saw this, money isn't flowing in like it use to, but I know that they are just trying to survive down there, unlike me. Money sent.

can i mail in cash? i have niether checks nor paypal. anyway i got $5 on it. i know its dismal but i just owned up 800 for rent because i just moved to college.

i had purchased 1.2k in clothes/shoes from foot action really cheap to sell on ebay....but i'm sending it via red cross; through some clothing/food drives in town.....but ill donate $10 bucks

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Sep 2 2005, 12:25 PM
can i mail in cash? i have niether checks nor paypal. anyway i got $5 on it. i know its dismal but i just owned up 800 for rent because i just moved to college.
[post=548779]Quoted post[/post]​

not really a good idea to mail cash...

head over the the redcross.org website and process a credit card donation or something if you want...

Not too bad for only being up a half day at the end of the month.

Back