how crazy can this be???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yo i know this dude that has this crazy setup in a 92 civic coupe. i think that it is not that serious. it has the full internals and im guessing itr pistons. and a regular intake man.

what do u think?

do you think its that serious????

:unsure:

is what serious, putting a b16 head on a b17? it should just be a straight swap... actually, arent the 2 heads almost identical?

Originally posted by possessed imports@Dec 23 2002, 09:31 AM
yo i know this dude that has this crazy setup in a 92 civic coupe. i think that it is not that serious. it has the full internals and im guessing itr pistons. and a regular intake man.

what do u think?

do you think its that serious????

:unsure:

s3e03c2920e185.jpg

The B16 and B17 head casts are identicle. This won't get you any performance. If you have a B17 shortblock and a B16 head then you are set. Build it up and run it.

There is no difference in the head it self. Some of the valve train might be different, I don't know. The B17 came in the 93 GSR.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Dec 24 2002, 09:52 AM
The B16 and B17 head casts are identicle. This won't get you any performance. If you have a B17 shortblock and a B16 head then you are set. Build it up and run it.

what do you mean by b17 short block what is the difference between long block and short block and which one comes in the 92-93 GSR? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Originally posted by possessed imports+Dec 24 2002, 07:17 AM-->
@Dec 24 2002, 09:52 AM
The B16 and B17 head casts are identicle.  This won't get you any performance.  If you have a B17 shortblock and a B16 head then you are set.  Build it up and run it.

what do you mean by b17 short block what is the difference between long block and short block and which one comes in the 92-93 GSR? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

man, read the post above you...
There is no difference in the head it self. Some of the valve train might be different, I don't know. The B17 came in the 93 GSR.

and what is the point of this thread? to see if a b16 head fits on a b17 block? read what everyone else has posted and i hope you can figure it out...

go ask the guy that has this setup because obviously we don't know enough about putting replacing X head on Y engine with a different X head.

alright, i can see everyone is confusing u, correct? short block is just the bottom end of the engine (pistons, crank, rods, etc.) and the long block is the complete engine with the head and everthing (the head is the diff. between if u have vtec or not. the b17 is the old school gsr engine and b16 is the old school japanese engine

Originally posted by possessed imports@Dec 24 2002, 06:00 PM
some one has this set up and i just want to know if it an be very serious of a setup or better than a gsr in a delsol partly finished?

First off you have a edit funtion use it to correct spelling errors,as this cuts down on confusion.Second,yes it is going to be better than any partly finished motor in a car,since a partly finished motor does nothing but sit there.Third,yes you can put another head on another block it isn't rocket science.

On to punx04 the b16a1,2,and 3 have been offered since 1989 till 2000 in some form or another so it isn't exactly a old school japanese engine.

dohcvtec_accord thank you for summing up this thread.

Back