• hood and trunk

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • inside ect(fake CF)

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • there is never to much

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Im debating about getting CF fenders for my EG Hatch but didnt want to look gaudy. I think as long as its real CF and not the painted crap, its ok.

I always thought it would be cool do to a gunmetal CRX with CF hood, fenders, and doors, and paint it all, except a pin stripe that showed the carbon underneath. So when people really looked, it would reveal itself, but it would be tasteful.

i wanna do a crx with all carbon body... i know this place that does carbon wraps on just about anything and they do roofs and rear quarters and even headliners..

it would be pretty sweet to have a carbon headliner...

they also do the sunroof panel from scratch in carbon fiber... if anyone is interested, i could hook it up..

i wanna do a crx with all carbon body... i know this place that does carbon wraps on just about anything and they do roofs and rear quarters and even headliners..

it would be pretty sweet to have a carbon headliner...

they also do the sunroof panel from scratch in carbon fiber... if anyone is interested, i could hook it up..

A carbon "wrap" would be pointless. Thats just "stunna" stuff.

And a carbon headliner would make the car loud as hell.

The sunroof would be awesome though. I looked all over for a full replacement when I had my rex. Everyone was just doing wraps, glue ons, and rivet in panels at the time.

I always thought it would be cool do to a gunmetal CRX with CF hood, fenders, and doors, and paint it all, except a pin stripe that showed the carbon underneath. So when people really looked, it would reveal itself, but it would be tasteful.
sounds sick!!
i got the picutre in ma head and everything!! lol..

I actually prefer what Nissan did with one of the 350Z's; painted CF but they didn't put any smooth resin on there so you could actually feel and maybe see the carbon texture.

I can guarantee you, more than half of the people who have CF, have it for "stunna" purposes(hell, refer to this thread). I mean, the whole point of CF was for lighter parts; but I can't even count the number of CF hoods on cars that are obviously "show" pieces. Most people are worried about the finish of their CF hoods rather than the weight....

Last edited:
i actually like the look of CF,plus the fact that its lightweight,but i would paint fenders and doors i they were CF,if my sunroof ever dies im going to put a CF plug in it

try carbon kevlar, gelcoat the same color as car. then they blend. sweetness all over.

pshh.. carbon wraps are cool.. even if its not for better function...

i saw some volk re30's that my buddy wrapped and they look sick as shit.

I have a CF hood, I would like to get the fog light bezels from passwordjdm, maybe a front lip. I like the hood/roof/trunk on showcars.

+1 Lovin that idea 100% i might have to steal it... :D

Rice Fiber?

Carbon fiber has two uses, beyond draining your wallet.

One:
Reduce weight.

Two:
Asthetics

If you chase the second option too far you run a serious risk of ending up in the ricer thread. Stuff that gets added that only simulates the intended item, with no actual functionality is always subject to the ricer inquisition.

In the end, its your car so fuck it.

Just dont let me catch you applying carbon fiber applique to the entire vehical...

small amounts of exposed CF in small highlight type places is ok... (lip spoilers, mirrors, vents, stuff like that)
if you have entire panels of exposed CF (hood, fenders, wing, trunk lid, bumpers, etc) and your car doesnt look like this.... you have too much exposed CF... paint your fucking car

cfs1exige---1.jpg

cfs1exige---5.jpg

mmm yummy now thats what i was talking about... using carbon as a color ;D

if you are going to show that much CF it better be real

get the actual body panels made of CF... ($$$$$$$$$$)
DO NOT just cover the metal body with CF sheets... ( :slap: )

and if you do it... do the whole fucking thing... i see people at bike shows all the time with almost full CF bikes... and they will leave out the tank (because it usually costs about as much as the rest of the fairings combined) and it ruins the entire effect... then once in a while there will be someone who did it right and went the full distance, and it looks amazing...
this is not something you can half ass without looking stupid

Last edited:
also keep in mind that you are in florida and CF usually doesnt like long term exposure to sunlight (the resin tends to cloud up and discolor over time)

also keep in mind that you are in florida and CF usually doesnt like long term exposure to sunlight (the resin tends to cloud up and discolor over time)

Or if you live in the city its long term exposure to somebody looking to jack your ride and sell it for parts... Exposed CF seems like a trouble magnet to me.

Back