• hood and trunk

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • inside ect(fake CF)

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • there is never to much

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

florida sun and carbon fiber dont mix, unless your car stays in the garage all the time. ive seen hoods start peeling in 1 year :eek:

I love it when people paint carbon fiber. I think it should only be used to make parts lighter. There are also some sweet intakes made of cf that look fairly bad ass, and under the hood it looks kinda good!
0506_ht_17_z+honda_s2000+carbon_fiber_intake.jpg

I'm sure that intake cost a pretty penny...

I've never owned a bit of carbon fiber. This in mind I think it would be a good idea to paint it. For one it would hide it from the prying eyes of potential theives. Two it would hide the fact that you have gone through the trouble to lighten your ride. A stock body with painted CF and boost would make a fun sleeper. Lastly, clearcoating over the paint would add extra UV protection. Whether or not this would add any extended life I have no idea. You would have to knock the shine (hit it with some 1500 sandpaper) off the original gel coat before you painted it, but I don't think it would be too bad.

Last edited:
I love it when people paint carbon fiber. I think it should only be used to make parts lighter. There are also some sweet intakes made of cf that look fairly bad ass, and under the hood it looks kinda good!
0506_ht_17_z+honda_s2000+carbon_fiber_intake.jpg
btw that makes "whale penis intake" almost literal lol

interior cf is so damn tacky
and most of it is fake

tack me down for interior

Remember, God's own chariot the Integra Type R came stock with a carbon fiber interior, is that tacky?

I think of carbon fiber as the shag rug of the tuning world. Sure you can get an old cadlilac and make it nice, but it is so much nicer with a shag rug roof...

or maybe its just me...

Well put, and you know how some people got way too carried away with the shag and started doing up econolines with shag everything, and you see these vans at pick n pull and wonder if lewd acts were ever caught on tape in the back of one of these units.
Which reminds me, CF is at least easy to clean right? :D

Which reminds me, CF is at least easy to clean right? :D

:laughbounce2:

Why yes it is...

I've always wanted to get an old caddy and do the whole thing in shag rug, I would even use it as a cool...

Would suck if it got caught in the rain though...

but it is real carbon fiber...

You know I have no idea. I don't think so. I was gonna do up my interior bits with the dash kit CF as a sort of tribute to the Type-R. I think it is a little more subtle than slapping a Type-R sticker or JDM emblem on the car.

My Acura is a GS-R. I am secure in this...

yeah on second thought maybe not. this is vinyl fiber...

26329d1228276253-98-integra-type-r-clean-title-well-modified-rare-car-lancaster-ma-100_0571a.jpg

I like the aluminum bezel better anyway...

I'm painting my panels to match the body color. I may end up respraying the bits with that Krylon Plastic Ahesive black. That shit works great. I just want a uniform appearance to the interior. The old bits have that faded gray look to them.

its never enough CF. i like the yellow CF the most out of all of them

Back