How The Healthcare Bill Affects You

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
This is from the Washington Post which is presumably left I imagine?

Check it out and see what it says for you.
all results based on single with employer provided insurance

$1 = If you pay more than 9.5% of your income in premiums, beginning no later than 2014, you will be eligible for Medicaid. The health bill expands Medicaid to all individuals and families with income at or below 133 percent of the federal poverty level. Depending on where you live, people with higher incomes may also be eligible.

40k income = credits to keep out of pocket expense under a certain level.

Beginning in 2014, if you pay more than 9.5% of your income in premiums you will have the option to receive tax credits to help afford insurance premiums in the new exchanges as well as assistance with deductibles and co-payments. According to your income and family size, the tax credits will ensure you do not spend more than $3800 on premiums. Your maximum out-of-pocket costs for deductibles and co-payments would be capped at 30% of the total cost.

90k = no change

250k= no change for coverage, but higher medicare tax from paycheck and 3.8% tax on investment income.

Your Medicare payroll taxes will increase by 0.9% (from 1.45% to 2.35%) and you will have to pay a 3.8% tax on investment income.

What does the health care bill mean to me? (washingtonpost.com)

YES!!!!

now the stock market gains will be taxed even higher. thus causing more people to withdraw money and place into cash and fixed income. in turn there will be less money in the market causing our stock prices to tumble.

i'm so fucking excited for this.

want to fuck the government? put every penny of extra money into municipal bonds. there is no taxation on those.

long term rates of 15% and short term rates the same as ordinary income
so it would be 18.8% tax on long term gains
i dont really see a 4% increase causing people to cash out of the market

and not all munys are tax free

just sayin...

also note, that increase is only for the top tier income levels, which i don't think anyone on this board are subject to as this time.

i just thought it was an interesting tool to help people sift through all the bullshit going around

Last edited:
people don't want to lose money. even if it is just 3.8%.

i still dont' see how this can be a "good" thing. show me someone this works for, and i'll show you someone who didn't vote.

do you think all the celebs who endorsed obama are happy now that they are going to get taxed to shit?

hey angelina jolie, now that you got your pres, how do you feel about losing your dollars?

sounds kinda backwards to me. taxing the wrong people. lol

This is taking the whole health care bill down to the lowest common denominator because most folks truly believe that this concerns only health care and lowering premiums and such. This is ignoring the one trillion dollar college loan bullshit and all the other back alley sideways dealing pork cock that they stuffed into it.

That $250k is per family, so ya I am affected...

HI from employer
2 person household
$250k income
married = no change

$250,001 = Your Medicare payroll taxes will increase by 0.9% (from 1.45% to 2.35%) and you will have to pay a 3.8% tax on investment income.

well, isnt that some shit.

This is ignoring the one trillion dollar college loan bullshit and all the other back alley sideways dealing pork cock that they stuffed into it.
this is true, i was hoping to leave that to the other thread
this thread is not an endorsement of the bill at all, just something to talk about

yeah, just like obamas campaign trail that he is about to embark on, and the speeches that all dems coming up for re-election are going to give, it only concentrates in the good parts.

they are about to actively campaign and literally only tell half the story.
lies of omission.
a veil over the ugly part if their old ass faces.

this is true, i was hoping to leave that to the other thread
this thread is not an endorsement of the bill at all, just something to talk about

Fair enough!

I will not be effected I already get "federal health care" being that I work for the feds.

wait, you're one of them?!

you will now be our scapegoat for anything that they do.

even though i know you probably have nothing to do with any of it, im still going to blame you, and neg rep too.

lmao, jk.
but, i will now make jokes about it.

I work for one of the only Departments that actually attempts to provide a decent service to folks who actually deserve it. And what I do for them also directly affects our customers, I attempt to make sure there information and shit does not get stolen or lost.

I work for one of the only Departments that actually attempts to provide a decent service to folks who actually deserve it. And what I do for them also directly affects our customers, I attempt to make sure there information and shit does not get stolen or lost.

It's still all your fault.

:D

Back