how to play/open bin, cue, and iso files

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
I was just asked how to do such a thing, so i figure i'll post it here for everyone else to see too.

First and foremost, there's 100's of tools and 100's of ways to do this. I simply like this method and use it. You may use your other tools if you wish, or mount it to a deamon drive.... whatever. you're smart and don't need this post :)

brief quote:

i need assistance with bin and cue files. i want to burn it to a disc that will play in a dvd player...

bin is a binary image similar to an iso file, which is an IMAGE of a cd. it uses the same concept of norton Ghost in a sense, as its not the actual data-- its a picture OF the data.

a cue sheet is simply a table of contents. think of a DJ booth with a cue button... he cues to track 4 :p

go download isobuster:
http://www.isobuster.com/

after you install it, there will be a shortcut installed in the send to menu of the right click mouse key.

right click on the cue file -> send to -> iso buster
it will open up as session 1 or someshit depending on the file. there will be sub-files underit, but we want the whole thing, so make sure yo're minimized on the tree and showing +Session1, unexpaned (as opposed to:
-Session1
...blah1
...blah2
)

right click, and extract with the mpg option, since this is a video.

this will give you two mpg files. the first one is probably blank... simply delete it.

do that for both discs... now you got your 2 mpgs that you can create your vcd with using nero or adaptec if it supports it. (i dont use it so i dont know how it works in that program.)

iso's work the same way--- they need to be busted out :)

Good write up B. I was actually going to do this very same write up tonight because my buddy was having problems with Bin/Cues. Mine was going to be geared more toward what Tommy is talking about, using VLC to watch them.

i use alcohol 120% and you can either emulate a drive, and open the image with it, or you can actually burn he image to a CD/DVD with it. you can do the same with Deamon tools i think but alcohol is more user friendly

Deamon Tools doesn't burn, but the concept for watching is the same. You can always open it, and install from there too, or save and burn with something else.

No way dude... way too complex B. Just download the latest copy of CDRWin, then install and burn.

yeah, cuz i'm going to install a new OS to play a movie or something I DL'ed.....

It's a bigger philisophical issue, you can move to an OS where you are not restircted on how you use anything or you can let the Gates/Ballmer Beast of Death continue to tell you when to piss... :)

Back