Hurricane Katrina

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

swanny

New Orleans is fuct, CU.
Category 5, with winds up to 175 MPH. There has only been 3 other Category 5's to hit the US.

map_spectrop02_ltst_6nh_enus_600x405.jpg

And depending on where in New Orleans you live you are already 5-10 feet below sea level. It's supposed to be the worst one they have had in the past 40 years.

Yeah, and the cost of Diesel to run the generators, ontop of the fact that the electric grid will knocked out and below water, means that it will take potentially over a month to pump it back out.

And 8 key offshores are down there too, and 25 offshores were evacuated yesterday and today.

-> Steve

i imagine all us Northeasterns are going to see the remnants of this bitch all week huh?

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 28 2005, 11:42 AM
Yeah, and the cost of Diesel to run the generators, ontop of the fact that the electric grid will knocked out and below water, means that it will take potentially over a month to pump it back out.

And 8 key offshores are down there too, and 25 offshores were evacuated yesterday and today.

-> Steve
[post=546335]Quoted post[/post]​

Wonder what gas will hit in a few weeks... Maybe $3.50 for 87 octane? We're closing in on $3/gal. for 87 octane here in the Chicago suburbs already.

i live in NO, but i go to school in baton rouge, and my parents are comming to my apartment and getting the hell out... looks like my house is going to be gone, i live about 100 yards from the levee/river :/

hmm. here in Cali it's sunny and about 80 degrees, actually i am going to the beach in a while :p Just thought id let everyone know, for all the people that say cali sucks. have fun in the wind and rain

ouch man... ouch. but yea, i never have had to worry about the wind taking my house... or the rain... just the earthquakes... and honestly, they're not as bad as everyone thinks.

typhoons/hurricanes/tonadoes... no thanks.

My neighborhood was wiped out by a tornado last week, one of my neighbors died and a bunch of my friends houses were leveled, it was insane.

charlie was the mostd amaging hurrican in history and this one is cat 5 and twice the size. charlie was only cat 4

Originally posted by chb504@Aug 28 2005, 01:52 PM
i live in NO, but i go to school in baton rouge, and my parents are comming to my apartment and getting the hell out... looks like my house is going to be gone, i live about 100 yards from the levee/river :/
[post=546361]Quoted post[/post]​

hope everything turns out ok for ya.

eh... if it continues the news stations down here say new orleans will be uninhabitable for like 6 months or something because all the plant's chemicals, animals, possibly bodies, etc etc...

That sucks that this is happening to a cool place like New Orleans.

Too bad Los Angeles doesn't get Category 5 hurricanes. The U.S. could use a good enema.

i don't think you're very safe in batton rouge either man...

i'd be driving right now... north and west... this shit is no joke. 175 mph? holy fuck!

Los Angeles isn't a city set BELOW sea level... but, i suppose it might be nice to drown some people out of our state... problem is... more people keep coming every year, so it doesn't matter.

Back