Hyper Ground Systems

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

An even better idea bro,go to a stereo store and purchase about 10 feet of power cable and some loop ends.Get a hold of a soldering gun and go to town.

Hypergrounds=$90+ dollars
DIY grounds=approximatly $20 or <

an even better idea- fuck it.

dude, get a b16a in there already

my d15 suits me fine for now. its running like u wouldnt beleive. i blew away a 2000+ civic ex today :D

when i'm ready for my swap, you guys will be the first to know.
talked to my cousin yesterday and he is gonna hook me up with a great price on a swap whenever im ready.

the immortal D15... (with the new strut bar i got last week)
s3e2bd8c5bde04.jpg

Well sorry to tell ya Gabe but that intake you got on there isn't legal either in Cali! Just do the MPFI swap!

Originally posted by knowledge@Jan 21 2003, 07:10 AM
Well sorry to tell ya Gabe but that intake you got on there isn't legal either in Cali! Just do the MPFI swap!

yea, but i just swap in the stock intake when im going for a smog test. takes about 2 minutes :D been doing that for years

Rixxxboy, mad props on the clean engine bay. Most guys don't even bother to clean under the hood of their cars.

Peace*

mfpi swap are easy right?..... dont you just need a intake manifold with 4 injectors and rewire it? if it is that easy all you need to do is buy used im with everything on it( tb, sensors, injestors) i seen d16z6 and d16y8 im's go for like 50 to 175 on thepartstrader.com. i have been told the y8 im is better flowing if that helps. i even have pictures at home showing the wiring you have to do

2fastaccord: thanks man! :) i wanted a showcar look, even though its not a showcar engine.

92CivicCx: i know its not difficult or expensive, and i even have a friend who can do the wiring in his sleep, but it isnt worth it cause i won't be able to pass smog checks with it. they would check the manifold against the engine type, size & year...and i'd be busted. dont want to have to pay some guy $200 every 2 yr.s just to keep my extra 10 hp.

yea, it sucks. check out the link in my sig. its the official engine/performance mod guidelines from the Cali Air Resources Board (CARB).

luckily there are some CARB legal aftermarket parts...but not too many. the part manufacturers have to spend 10's of thousands of dollars to get each part tested and certified by CARB. actually, the newer version of my K&N intake is CARB legal.

well I am in the middle of a MPFI swap, and I live in Cali, here is my reasoning for doing it, one the smog guys never seem to pay attention, then again i take it to the local gas stations, and not refs. they just care to see that you pass all the numbers. Get rid of that DPFI. It cost 50 bucks more to get the MPFI parts than it does to get those grounding wires from XS, and you actually notice the difference.

i have a set on my car and it didnt seem to help me really at all made the powerband curve smoother didnt do anything that the custom one i had made for my camaro at the audio shop did save money and get it done by an audio shop like 20 bucks is what i paid for it on the camaro

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Jan 21 2003, 04:15 PM
well I am in the middle of a MPFI swap, and I live in Cali, here is my reasoning for doing it, one the smog guys never seem to pay attention, then again i take it to the local gas stations, and not refs. they just care to see that you pass all the numbers. Get rid of that DPFI. It cost 50 bucks more to get the MPFI parts than it does to get those grounding wires from XS, and you actually notice the difference.

it would be nice if i could take it anywhere i want but on my notices it always says i must take it to a TEST ONLY center. i think its cause my car is old ('89). i've never failed before or anything.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy+Jan 21 2003, 02:30 PM-->
MaaseyRacer
@Jan 21 2003, 04:15 PM

it would be nice if i could take it anywhere i want but on my notices it always says i must take it to a TEST ONLY center. i think its cause my car is old ('89). i've never failed before or anything.

most gas stations are test only the only smog places that are different than a test only place is a ref station. I have an 89 civic DX same motor as you, and every time i go to get my smog updated it is the same thing, they open my hood do not even look at my engine, and put the sniffer in the exaust. I get a certification and I am out of there, plus i hope to have my b16 in by summer and I do not need to be smoged again until 2004. If you are still hesitant about the MPFI swap then I would go to a junk yard and get an SI cam from a 4th gen, that will be cheap and probably worth a few horse power.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Jan 21 2003, 06:10 PM
most gas stations are test only the only smog places that are different than a test only place is a ref station. I have an 89 civic DX same motor as you, and every time i go to get my smog updated it is the same thing, they open my hood do not even look at my engine, and put the sniffer in the exaust. I get a certification and I am out of there, plus i hope to have my b16 in by summer and I do not need to be smoged again until 2004. If you are still hesitant about the MPFI swap then I would go to a junk yard and get an SI cam from a 4th gen, that will be cheap and probably worth a few horse power.

thanks for the info. i dont doubt what you're saying, but i'm gonna look into it a little further. i'll let you know if i find out anything. gonna see if i can find anyone who has done it and has passed, and i might call the guy who i get my smogs from all the time and ask him over the phone about it. im not due for another 2 years so maybe he'll forget about the call by then : )

two years down the road.... just do it swap to mpfi

Back