Hyper Ground Wires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BallinPrelude

Can someone explain to me how you install Hyper Ground Wires and explain exactly how i could benefit from them. If someone has a diagram they could send me on an installation that would help. Or a website would be nice. I dont want to buy the kit but i heard you can use regular 4awg wires cuz its so much cheaper...what do i do? Thanks

All it does is replace your engine grounds and yes you can use stereo power wire instead.Just get loops soldered to the ends and replace your stock wires.

if you have money to throw around get them. There is no harm done by havi9ng the best possible ground. It's no big secret how to install them, im sure they come with instructions.

I "borrowed" a bunch of low impedance co-ax cable from the avionics room at school for the purpose of making some grounding wires, I just need to know where the wires go. There are five in the kit i believe and i know that there is another negative battery line, one for the trany, one that goes into the block near the head but where do the other two go? any help would be appreciated.

Yeah that was another big question of mine. Where exactly do all the wires go????? Nehelp would be great.

not really b/c you need to be an open circuit to be shocked. To allow electricity to flow through you you have to have positive electrodes go through you and exit as as negative. in other words the red and the black wires have to touch you. and people are insulated b/c they wear shoes.

uhh that is not true at all. Im a computer engineering major. you wear your big rubber sole shoes, and touch one fingertto a high current source and the other to a simulated (doesn't even have to be true) ground. Let me know if you get schocked. har. and uh, electricity is electrons not electrodes. and there is no such thing as positive electrons. and things that are positive don't flow.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Mar 12 2003, 08:13 PM
not really b/c you need to be an open circuit to be shocked. To allow electricity to flow through you you have to have positive electrodes go through you and exit as as negative. in other words the red and the black wires have to touch you. and people are insulated b/c they wear shoes.

Not really ask anyone whos pulled the ignition leads off a spark plug when the engine was running because they were drunk and wanted to see who could hold on the longest....but thats a different story. The coils in the distributor produces a high electrical potetial that wants to become equal with everything around it like the spark plug electrode, engine block or you. If you touch both terminals on your battery, nothing will happen, not enough potential, but your spark plugs being high tension ignition are +2000 volts, but very little current, thats why it wont kill you. Ground wires however, ground the engine and its various components to the 12 volt power supply. A better grounding system makes a little more power because the coils get better current flow from the battery and alternator and can therefore produce a hotter spark. Im pretty sure the Hyper ground wires go exactly where the factory grounding straps go im just not positive. When i find out, you can all order a knock off set of Hyper Ground Wires with instructions and everything for less then like $50 cdn maybe lots less.

BTW how many people are interested?

1 from valve cover to radiator support
1 from battery to ground
1 from tranny to ground
1 from throttle body to ground
1 from intake manifold to ground
1 from alternator to ground
1 from distributor to ground

Those are replacing some stock ones with better quality, and adding some new ones.

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Mar 13 2003, 02:45 AM
1 from valve cover to radiator support
1 from battery to ground
1 from tranny to ground
1 from throttle body to ground
1 from intake manifold to ground
1 from alternator to ground
1 from distributor to ground

Those are replacing some stock ones with better quality, and adding some new ones.

You forgot the starter.

Thats already a good ground... No need to upgrade that.... The interference from that is only on startup.

I question the need to ground the TB and intake mani. whats up with that, the only thing electrical there is the injectors and a few sensors, all of which have there own independant ground anyway. Do you know of these for sure ScrapinSi?

Originally posted by Canuck 93 Civic Si@Mar 13 2003, 02:55 AM
I question the need to ground the TB and intake mani. whats up with that, the only thing electrical there is the injectors and a few sensors, all of which have there own independant ground anyway. Do you know of these for sure ScrapinSi?

There's only five wires in the hyper system anyway.

Basically, by doing the ones that i list, you are grounding the engine at all corners....

TB = rear passenger
I/M = rear driver
Valve Cover = front driver upper
alternator = front driver lower
tranny = front passenger lower
distributor = front passenger upper

Things like that... its basically spiderwebbing the engine to get the best grounding possible... Yes, some of it is overkill, but if your gonna do it, why not go all out? :p

And i would never pay for a "Kit" to do this... i'd go buy some 8 gauge power wire, and a bunch of ring connectors, solder the ring connectors on, put some heat shrink tubing around them, and call it a day...

Originally posted by Canuck 93 Civic Si@Mar 12 2003, 08:25 PM
, but your spark plugs being high tension ignition are +2000 volts, but very little current

There are alot more volts than that, it normally is 35,000+ volts (atleast right after the coil) and the reason why it won't kill you is because it has no amps. to it. A house socket is 120v's but it has alot of amps to it.

house receptacles (sockets) have either 15A or 20A depending on the size of the circut breaker you have feeding them. As for the hyper ground system, it is not needed, and is a waste of money. example: connect the positive side of the battery to either tb, im, tranny, or whatever else, gauranteed, it sparks. WHY? . . . . . . because it is already all grounded bacause aluminum is a good conductor.

1 amp=around 1.6 billion billion electrons passing by a fixed point in one second, if i remember that correctly.

Back