I Blew Up At Work

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

this guy comes in and says his order is wrong...ok...he tries to explain it to the saleslady but she couldnt understand so she asks me to come over and see if i can understand. i ask him some simple questions and he keeps telling me the same thing, in a condescending tone, so i am getting nowhere cause his explanation doesnt make any sense. i draw him a picture and point to it asking him to show me what he wants...he ignores the picture, looks at me like im stupid and goes into his assinine explanation again....

to make a long story short...i finally understood and was so pissed i threw his product across the fucking room!!! its something he had custom made too!! we were just adding graphics to it. well it wasnt damaged. he was just standing there shocked. he asked me if i was ok, i didnt answer. i was so pissed i was shaking. i told him we will call him once its done. he walked out and came back a minute later to make sure i understood. i started apologizing saying i was having a bad day, he said "its okay" lol.

i just might fucking kill someone one of these days :D maybe i should change my name to pissedoffrixxce?

this is not the first time i blew up with a customer. i once yelled at someone over the phone and hung up on him. :)

just thought i'd share my exciting day with u guys. maybe you will all feel alot better knowing you dont have my dumb fucking job :)

hehe, they dont let me talk to customers here at my work, good thing i'm a devloper, lol.... i can't stand stupid people and i have no patience, so i feel you meng.

Originally posted by B16@Jan 9 2003, 07:06 PM
hehe, they dont let me talk to customers here at my work, good thing i'm a devloper, lol.... i can't stand stupid people and i have no patience, so i feel you meng.

cool. i wish it was that way here. they try to keep me away from them most of the time :) im a graphic artist for a sign company by the way. GOT STICKERS?

oh BTW, i have ultimate job security cause my 1) my boss doesnt know shit about anything 2) i do pretty much everything here from design to fabrication 3) my boss knows i am the most highly skilled operator of our particular software because we went to this seminar and i beat out the instructor and all the other graphic artists there in a test. the instructor said i should be the one giving the seminar :) and 4) since this is a specialized industry, its hard to find anyone with experience. we've tried.

:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :bash: :bash: KILL KILL :bash: :bash: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

I work IT helpdesk and i have to explain to people over the age of 60 how to use the computer. I feel the same way sometimes.

I work for the city.

I draw streets and parks and things like that.
It's rare I even get to deal with people :ph34r:

But I'm sure if I did blow up at someone, my boss wouldn't care.
My boss loves me because he can ask me to fix any of his computer problems instead of calling our IT department (since we have 2 tech's for 2000 workstations.). Plus I've worked here for four years and never really had a problem with anyone (except this one guy Robert, but we got him fired.) :)

Originally posted by Hexen@Jan 9 2003, 07:15 PM
Plus I've worked here for four years and never really had a problem with anyone (except this one guy Robert, but we got him fired.) :)

remind me to never get on your bad side if i work with you

Originally posted by 88civicHBz6@Jan 9 2003, 07:11 PM
:axe: :axe: :axe: :axe: :bash: :bash: KILL KILL :bash: :bash: :axe: :axe: :axe: :axe:

I work IT helpdesk and i have to explain to people over the age of 60 how to use the computer. I feel the same way sometimes.

OMG that must be one of the hardest jobs in the world. I can't even teach my gf how to load her hotmail account into MS outlook.

Originally posted by 88civicHBz6+Jan 9 2003, 07:18 PM-->
@Jan 9 2003, 07:15 PM
Plus I've worked here for four years and never really had a problem with anyone (except this one guy Robert, but we got him fired.) :)

He was an ass.

I was 17 when I started here and there were 2 other's my age.
He kept bitching at us about how we dressed (we were coming straight from school.) and he would send us notes and emails which were slightly harrassing.

It wasn't a big deal getting him fired for things like that around here.
One thing you don't want to do in a government job is demingly harrass someone.

Especially over email where it's printable lol.

Oh tech support, how I couldn't do that.

My mom was one of the head tech's at Intel's folsom plant and she told me horror stories. They have most of the tech's at that plant and they have people calling from all over the world to talk to tech suppor there, it was like lines ringing 24 hours a day (3 shifts, and like 75,000 employees world wide.)

She eventually quit when she landed a job in S.F. as the senior network admin for Heald college. She makes twice as much now and has her own employees working for her. Must be nice.

the only cool thing about my job is i can use pc anywhere to control their pc and show them what to do. but I have had calls that will take 2 8 hour days to get fix on the phone with the same person. it sucks nuts.

Originally posted by 88civicHBz6+Jan 9 2003, 07:18 PM-->
@Jan 9 2003, 07:15 PM

yea, i've gotten a few peeps fired myself. im also the manager :) but i dont get them fired unless they really arent working out and all attempts to get them to improve have failed.

re: that last post...holy shit!! :eek:

i have a pretty bad temper also, then i think about the vtec system of a honda and get all calmed down :) :::: that one was for brian

I work at a paint store, I have learned a lot of self control not to blow up on soccer moms. "What color looks good with this?" What I want to say is I don't fucking care which looks better, pick one and get the fuck out of my store. I still refuse to pick out peoples colors. I work alone alot, it sucks when customers are taking forever looking at paint samples. I really hate it when I need a smoke but I can't becuase some cunt won't leave my store. Time to find a new job. MGMT sucks.

Back