i dragged my truck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
this is kinda long and most will find it rather entertaining....so here goes!

so as most of you all know, ive been driving my truck because my Mazda 3 broke down. this morning, i got in my truck, let it warm up and put some air in the air tank so when i get off work, i will have some air to lift up. i get to work and leave the truck aired up. i walk in, go to work and do my thing in there.

i come outside from work on my way home and see my truck is sitting on the ground. no biggie i thought, i got inside, started it up and went to frlip the compressor on. well it didnt come one because its like 9 degrees outside. i get some hot water and try to thaw stuff out so i can get air into my air tank. air was not being pumped in the tank and the compressor wouldnt kick on. i finally look under the hood and notice my inline fuse is blown. no biggie, i had another one so i put it in and the compressor kicked on. it still wouldnt get air. so i get another thing of hot water and pour water over my water trap. nothing. so i go inside and get a torch and try heating things up a bit with it. i ended up burning a hole in my air line that goes from the tank to the pressure switch. i cut that off and put the air line back in. still not pumping air into tank. i get pissed and decided to call James to meet me at a gas station and follow me home. i get down to the gas station and wait for James. i get to looking at the air line that i had just cut and there is a kink in it. well thats a problem. James comes and he has a pair of cutters and i cut the section of the kink out and put the air line back in. i wait...and wait for air to get in. now im only getting 20psi into the tank and no more. after about 30 miutes of messing with some more and making a few phone calls, i decided to drive home with the truck slammed on the ground. it was the most nerve racking drive home for me. i get the truck home...well park it on a side street because i cant get in the driveway. this sucks. i hope it can get warmer soon so i can get to put some air in it with minimal problems. UGGGG!!!!

no cliff notes...just read it!

So yeah I'm driving my cold ass down US30 (speed limit of 60 btw) doing 35 mph with my hazzards on behind him and he's grinding the ever loving shit out of his truck over every bump, bridge and railroad track we crossed.

It was quite amusing watching him grind and looking at peoples expressions to me as they passed us.

i just wanna know what the passers by faces looked like...lol. i was too busy trying to concentrate on not hitting anything huge

That sucks, but if I seen some guy dragging it all the way down the highway I would have thrown the horns ( \m/ ) out the window. I couldnt have a mini truck for that reason, I would trhow sparks everywhere I went.:D

sucks about your car man
mini trucks do not like cold weather
my buddy started his truck a couple weeks ago and he smoked his fuse too
i guess too much ice in the system
mine has been parked for a couple months already

damn sucks man, but ifounf it amusing. I also would have honked and cheered with the horns out the window. I fucking hate the way they ride but i love to see them scrape.

my brother has a 1500 reg. cab dropped and bagged in the front. rides like i'm standing on jellow.

he probably has no shocks in the front
and rides with too much or too little air

if the truck is bagged right it'll ride more comfortable than a stock truck suspension

my mini truck rides like a caddy compared to my 4wd

hmmm. thats interesting. He had messed his truck up big time. It looked so nice on 20's lowered and leveled. he sold them to bag it.now he has horrible camber wear on the stock tires. then he bought my moms new truck some tires and took those 20's and wore down a set of new good-year tiresless than 6 months! he ripped the bottom trim off,hit a pole a drive through cuz he didnt realize he had his wheels turned.

ohh man his gives bagged truck a bad name. i thought about drpping my truck once....

i was able to get it aired up today. i took a bucket of hot water and some rags and soaked the rags in the hot water and placed em over the leader hose going from the compressor to the water trap to unfreeze the check valve in the leader hose. i alternated it the rags and she got air in it just fine. it took awhile but i was able to get it aired up and drive like normal. i also looked to see what/if any damage i did. not too much damage done, just a a bent radius arm x-member more...lol. ahh im so relieved!!

and yeah recked, cold weather does NOT like bagged vehicles at all., im luck to have had an extra fuse on hand for situations like that.

you dopnt really drive it right? your just driving it because the mazada's down. cuz man that would suck having to do that everyfreaking day.

yeah in the winter he would usually leave it parked in the garage and just start it up every few weeks.

You just have to appreciate Irony. He wants to drag the truck, but not because he can't air it up properly.

Back