i get my hatch back today

cxjon

my car has had a fucked up distirbitor for the last 4 months and i put it off till i could do a swap plus i haven't got my money yet and couldn't wait much longer for a swap so i decided to fix it cuz it's my only car. i just spent 308 dollars on it that was for a oem distribitor, oem distribitor cap and rotor plus labor that was done at the local honda dealership. i went to another auto shop right before and the said it would cost before labor 300 dollars i m like fuck that and oem is better. sence my car is running better i m going get my swap and do some top end work to it and what not and put the swap off till spring.

90 accord

Chicks dig the box
VIP
damn.. you got lucky. i had a new dist, OEM, put in, and it cost me 700 bones, but i had a few otehr things put in..

308? thats all? i been thinking of putting in a new dist. in my car just cause its got so many miles on it already but figured it would be about twice that much.

cxjon

i m not sure what was doneb ut they use some parts that was on my old distribitor to make the new one work. distribitor was like 125-150 i dont remember how much the part was but it was cheaper to do it at honda tehn any where else.

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
For about $300 you could of picked up an MSD 6AL, MSD Blaster SS Coil and a new rotor and cap, and all you'd need the distributor for is the rotation off the cam gear.

cxjon

dude i have a cx why would i do that. if i bought that i had to pay someone to put it on and wold of cost more

slohnda

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Oct 5 2002, 11:21 AM
dude i have a cx why would i do that. if i bought that i had to pay someone to put it on and wold of cost more

do it yourself.. buy a manual, make a friend, suck off a mechanic (NOT REALLY, SICKOS)

iVtec

damn kid $300 is cheap...i had a carb. civic @ werk and they wanted $700 for a complete oem dist.

cxjon

slohnda

Originally posted by 92CivicCx+Oct 6 2002, 01:45 PM-->
Originally posted by slohnda@Oct 5 2002, 11:01 PM
92CivicCx
@Oct 5 2002, 11:21 AM

do it yourself.. buy a manual, make a friend, suck off a mechanic (NOT REALLY, SICKOS)

could i still use it when i swap? if i couldn't i dont think its worth it.

yes, you could still use the msd 6al and blaster coil after you swap.