I got a ek civic, what should i put in?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

Hey whats up. I just got a 1996 civic ek HB and i wanted to no what motor i should put in. I was thinking about putting a H22 but im not sure because ive been hearing alot about the under and over steer because of the massive engine. However the power and torque is what draws me to it. The other problem is that i wanted to build a car thats more handling then power because i want to be the only person out of my buddies doing 170km/h on an off ramp :eek: . What motor u suggest me putting in? i dont mind putting a smaller motor like b18c and then NA or Boost. If that what should i do NA or Boost? thanx i appreciate it.

.Understeer in the H22 civic is easily counter by suspension.It's only 85 more pounds,if you relocate your battery to the trunk it can help the weight distribution

any other suggestions to compensate for the weight....and by the way can u tell me where did u find the weight of the engines...i would like to no how much a b16a2, b18c1, b18c5, and h22 weigh.

Sandbags hehe j/k(i've seen trucks do it)If you want to add weight(counterproductive)just put a 12" in a box back there.I wouldn't worry about it unless your going to be doing some autocrossing,For a daily driver though it is a good motor,but being loyal to the b series they do offer a easier install and a b18c5 is only 15 hp shy of the H(whichever one is 200).Where are you located?

yah but a b18c5 is alot of coin in my area...what about b18c, if i got that what should i do NA or boost so i can be in the area, if not more, of a h22. and by the way where did u get the weights of the motors. im in toronto canada...i no a couple of people that can get me h22 for cheap compared to the type r, and its lagit motor.

I'm not sure where to get the exact weights of motors really it isn't that big a difference or deal.B18c1 is a damn fine alternative to the c5 cost effective too.B18b is good too if your going o boost.Really as I've been told it's hard to say which is better until you have the turbo and know what psi you're going to run.But in your car a B18 with a couple of bolt ons will get you scootin' along.

Was?das ist nichts mein freund- is like it's nothing,don't worry about it,my friend.

Das ist nichts,du bist mein freund.Ist das besser?

Sorry I forgot the s at the end of nichts :(

How much can you find ITR engines for? I mean, most online places charge around 4-5k for the B18C5.

LOL 92b16vx
to funny see you trying to write german =)
"Das ist nicht mein freund."
would mean
"That is not my Friend."
doenst really make a sense in any language ;)

i just copy and pasted what he wrote in a translator...im not german....and vice versa when i replied...those dam things dont make anysense when they translate...andyways i seen c5's in my area for 4-5 canadian....thats 2500-3500 US.

Originally posted by davidbr@Dec 25 2002, 01:45 PM
LOL 92b16vx
to funny see you trying to write german =)
"Das ist nicht mein freund."
would mean
"That is not my Friend."
doenst really make a sense in any language ;)

Ich wohne in Deutschland und kein mein Deutscher ist, nicht daß aber ich learning.Besides gut sind, die ich meinen Fehler behob.

Na dann, ich hab aus dem Post nur gelesen dass du in Deutschland wohnst... Den Rest hab ich nicht Verstanden ;)

(For the Rest: So, your post says that you live in Germany, but the rest i dont understand...)

So... where in Germany?

Im Bamberg.The rest of it says that my German isn't all that good but I'm learning and I corrected my mistake of leaving out a s it the end of nicht,which means not till you add the s,and then it becomes nothing.

In Bamberg.... (Im Bamberg would mean that you live in a mountain...)
I know some people from Zeil (maybe you know it), thats near Bamberg I think
Do you have any mods done to your civic?

edm b16a2 swap and a ton of stuff when I get back from Kosovo.I just got the car before I left and that was all I could get done.

See what I mean in,im my german is lacking,lol.But it's getting there

Back