I got a line on a job. Manhattan, Director I.T. Anyone interested ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Celerity

Manhattan based client in a search for a Director of Infrastructure to join their team on a full time basis. Direct communication with CEO and looking to hire and start immediately.

SSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:

Effectively manage all levels of systems and network infrastructure
Define data center and network operations standards, processes and procedures.
Provide firm leadership to production systems organization.
Perform situation analysis and recommendation for problem solving.
Keep abreast of new technologies in the network, storage, Windows, Linux and database environment
Identify and implement technologies and processes that improve the reliability, efficiency and availability of the production environment.
Conceive solutions, build consensus and sell/execute solutions.
Recommend appropriate courses of action to developers/technicians and management on data center and network operations issues.
Proactively recommend courses of action to maintain cost effectiveness and competitiveness.
Oversee all projects within the data center and network operations domain.
Remain aware of business, technical, and infrastructure issues and act as sounding board or consultant to aid in the development of creative solutions.
Establish concise and measurable organizational goals that are consistent in supporting corporate objectives.
Manage effective service-level expectations and agreements.
Analyze network performance and work with management to identify areas for improvement.
Maintain the IT disaster recovery plan and perform quarterly testing of same.
Act as the primary point-of-contact with vendors supplying hardware and software to run the IT infrastructure.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:

Supervise and manage the performance of Systems Engineers, Network Engineers, Systems Administrators and/or Data Center and Network Operations Managers.
Plan projects and set performance goals to drive individual performance; provide regular constructive performance feedback; identify training programs and skill enhancement plans for direct reports.
QUALIFICATIONS:

Expert knowledge of information systems and operational processes, across all platforms.
Ability to plan and manage day-to-day computer operations, systems administration, and network operations.
Experience managing diverse, global teams of infrastructure engineers.
Ability to interface with business leaders in multiple geographic operating units.
Strong communication skills, particularly when translating “IT” to business terminology.
Strong knowledge of business environment, systems architecture, and network operations.
Ability to produce service levels consistent with current business needs and future requirements
Expert negotiation skills.
Superior organizational skills
Excellent written and verbal communications abilities
Experience with resource planning
Experience creating short- and long-term strategic plans for an organization
Able to effectively work and team with business partners at all levels, including management and senior executives
Demonstrable experience with Cisco UCS infrastructure, Cisco Networking, Cisco IP Phone Solutions, and NetApp storage products is required.
Significant experience with Citrix, including XenServer, XenApp and XenDesktop
Experience with storage technologies, including EMC hardware and software
Vendor management experience, including evaluating multiple technologies and presenting a business case for choosing a specific solution
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:

Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering, or equivalent work experience required; an MBA degree (or equivalent) highly desirable
Experience and knowledge in new computing architectures and implementation of networked computing structures strongly preferred

Anyone ?

This position is a walk in the park, and the qualifications aren't that tough either. It's in Manhattan, and I ain't goin back there. Talking about $200k/yr range to start.

"Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or Engineering, or equivalent work experience required"

this basically stops me from doing what i do now, with a very very big raise. ugh.

200k ain't enough to move to Manhattan. :p

I have NEVER met education qualifications (I went to Southern CTU once for a party.. that's the limit of my college experience) and it hasn't stopped me from getting things.

Back