I Got a New Job---I think?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
So there is this company that I have been on 4 interviews on over the past year...the first 2 where for a job that I currently do(workers comp adjuster) that took place last year...They didn't end up getting the work they thought they were going to get so they couldn't hire.

They called me back in April of this year and I went on an interview and then they asked me to come back to meet the VP which took place last Tuesday. This is job pays up to $14k more then what I make now; basically the job is an Auditor. I'd be auditing people who do my job at different companies.

So on Tuesday everything went great. After she got done explaining the job she asked me if I was still interested and of course I said yes. She asked me what my salary was and when I told her, and she stated" I think we can make a much more attractive offer then that". I make $61,000 and the job was listed to pay up to $75k. She asked me when I could start. There was also another lady in the interview that I had met with the previous 3 times. The VP asked the other lady to show me around the office. So she is taking me around the office, she introduced me to a few key players and showed me a desk and said, this will be your desk. And then as she was walking me out she said, “I can tell you this now, you got the job, we haven't called back anyone else we interviewed, they liked you". She just had asked that I go online and apply on the company website as a formality because I interviewed before they even posted the job as they called me directly.

Anyways, I haven't heard back from them since last Tuesday. The last two jobs I got, I heard back from the company's either that day or the day after.

Am I just over reacting? Being to anxious? Should I follow up this week or give it some time because of the Holiday?

This job is ideal for me. It is 7 miles from my house compared to the 26 one way i drive now. It's an advancement in my career and not to mention it may pay significantly more then that I make now. I think at the low end, the offer could be around $67,000 which would be a take home of $364 more a month or at the high end $72,000 which would be a take home of $610 more a month.

not to mention the $2600+ a year in gas I would save(according to calculations on gasbuddy.com) which is another $225ish in my pocket a month.

Last edited:
Congrats? Haha But sounds awesome man. Hope it goes well as it sounds like it will. The holiday may play a part and maybe they've got to finalize some things. If they don't call by the end of this week then maybe I'd give them a follow up call.

Last edited:
I would call them tomorrow if you haven't heard from them. It's possible the holiday caused some delay with paperwork and such, but you have no way of knowing that.

i would assume it takes some time from the application to get from the main website to their office
i would probably double check tmw or the next day to make sure it didn't get lost or misplaced

There is no way you spend 2600 in gas a month, let alone can 'save' that much. rofl.
That would mean you would save almost $90 every day in pump prices.

I'd say, shoot a follow up email. Something along the lines of
'hi, thanks again, just checking in to see how its going, hope to hear, bye.'

typo - should say yearly, with a monthly breakdown of 225ish

not to mention the $2600+ a month in gas I would save(according to calculations on gasbuddy.com) which is another $225ish in my pocket a month.
i think you might be looking at more like 160 a month
26 miles one way to 7 miles one way = difference of 19 miles
i think you have a truck right, so lets assume 19mpg each way, so approx 2 gallons a day, at $4 a gallon, multiplied by approx 20 work days each month 5 days*4 weeks
8*20 = 160

YMMV - literally

Last edited:
There is no way you spend 2600 in gas a month, let alone can 'save' that much. rofl.
That would mean you would save almost $90 every day in pump prices.

I'd say, shoot a follow up email. Something along the lines of
'hi, thanks again, just checking in to see how its going, hope to hear, bye.'

i meant a year asshat lol....

I am definately not goetting 19mpg i can assure you this lol...i was using gasbuddy.com to estimate my savings

Here is the comparison

My Current Job

2974.jpg

My New Job

2975.jpg

3.79 here in franklin, if i drive about 10miles out of franklin, it becomes about 3.55

i refuse to say "down to" when referring to a price that is still ridiculously artificially inflated

87 is still up at $3.97

:angry:

i refuse to say "down to" when referring to a price that is still ridiculously artificially inflated

87 is still up at $3.97

:angry:

:werd:

I also "like" the unhappy cloud in that breakdown. Trying to make you feel bad for driving what you drive.

4.19 here for 87.

And I had something similar with my current position.

I'd suggest writing a thank you follow up. See where that goes. I did that, and they responded with a phone call a day later. Mine was a very corporate job, 11 different people interviewed me. I met with all levels of management and colleagues across multiple departments and an intensive background check before they could formally give me an offer.

Back