I have no cat converter it that good?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weirdman77@ol.com

Ya my hearing is going bad! how much horse is this giving me?
I hope the cops don't pull me over! :ph34r:

no cat will only give you 2-4 hp (at best) and it makes the exhaust sound like shit ( really pingy and harsh ) go with a high flow cat

almost no muffler shop in CT will do an exhaust without a cat.
they can get nailed hardcore for it. the only way they will do it is if you trailer the car to and from the place.
besides the shop gettein fux0red if you are caught drivin a car without a cat. not only do you get a $5000 fine, they make you go thru inspections after the work is done.

Whatever the case it's not worth the extra 2hp. put it back on so we can all breath a healthier life.

cats are gay, but if u sound that loud u must have a hi flo muffler and/or bigger than stock pipes. having no cat on a stock "soda straw" exhaust system shouldnt make much difference in sound. one of the cop stations in LA county got busted for "modifying" their cats a few years back (they poked them thru with a broomstick). the news said it boosted their power like 15%, but those are police pursuit modified V-8's :)

i say put back your cat, or at least buy a $120+ hi-flow one (which wil only give you about 1hp, unless you have a high output modified engine).

Originally posted by bte15@Nov 8 2002, 04:47 AM
fuck a cat

not only is that illegal... i think PETA would be all over your ass if you ever did that you sick pervert

dude, get a resonator as well. it'll make a shit load of difference in thte sound

Yes I know this topic is extremely old, but I don't want to waste a new topic, and perhaps some bandwidth.

My question is, does replacing the stock catalytic converter with a hi- flow/test pipe have significant gains in improving air flow?

yeah i know its real old now but, what about hollowing out the stock cat? ive heard its a bitch but can b done and its better than a hi flo cat and i think u can pass emitions like that too

yeah i know its real old now but, what about hollowing out the stock cat? ive heard its a bitch but can b done and its better than a hi flo cat and i think u can pass emitions like that too

OLD SCHOOL !

Dude, listen to these guys. Get a high flow.

I honestly feel that the resonator makes the difference in noise, and depending on your muffler type.

I ran a

DC 4-1 2.25 collector, test pipe, cheapo B pipe from muff shop, and 5zigen fireball axleback ---> fucking loud as hello, raspy, annoying.

then,

swithced to,

JDM ITR 4-1 2.5 collector, testpipe, and WS exhaust ---> very low tone and nice :thumbsup:

but since your having problems with noise, get a resonator

Don't hollow the stock cat. Your power gains will be insignificant if they exist at all. Most likely you will see a loss in power over stock. If you absolutely have to modify your cat, get a high flo. Even then it is not worth the 1-2 hp you might see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back