I have THREE engines and one Prelude...HELP!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hurricane_Tiger

PLEASE HELP, I'M SO LOST!

A while back I purchased a fourth Generation Honda Prelude.

The previous owner had built a h22/h23 engine up pretty nicely...until it spun a bearing.

So here I found myself with a nice clean Honda Prelude with
  • ONE PERFECT Solid deck h22 block with oil squirters
  • One PERFECT port and polished H22 head
  • ONE PERFECT set of type s pistons and rods
  • One DESTROYED open deck h23 block with gouged everything (junk) said block and all its internals were BALANCED AND BLUE PRINTED BEFORE KABOOM! The crank form the stroker was apparently an 800 doller race crank but its a bit scratched up...
  • H23 Transmission recently rebuilt with heavy duty synchro's
  • ACT Extreme Stage 2 clutch and pressure plate
  • Fidenza 8lb lightened flywheel
  • JDM p13 ECU-skunk2 chipped, 8000 rpm soft touch rev limiter
  • NGK Plugs
  • NGK Wires
  • B&M fuel pressure regulator
  • Accel 395cc injectors
Those are some of my current parts I want to build a really nice engine with....

I also just aquired a verry nicely done H22/H23 engine with tranny as an extra. I have no idea whats been done to it but it has DC headers and a bullfrog throttlebody by GUDE

I have soooo many questions.

But here it goes.

I want to take my H22 port and pollished head.
My PERFECT H22 block
and fill themm with the best parts possible.

My budget for the build is 6 thousand for the engine. I can do this due to the spare i just recieved.

My thoughts are to take
My H22 block Owned
My H22 head Owned
Mahle gold serires high comp pistons $525
Forged skunk2 high comp h22 valves $300
Eagle or crower all motor forged rods $580
Skunk2 pro 2 camshafts $640
Skunk2 adjustable cam gears $200
Skunk2 springs and titanium retainers $500
TWM individual throttle bodies $2200
U/R Light weight pulleys system $250
Proffesional ballancing and assembly $1000

Altogether Ive been told by the people at skunk 2 and a virtual dyno that this combo would make easily 300 whp.....but would be seriously exspensive......yet the throttle response would apparently be amazing and the sound of those horribly expensive throttle bodies would be magical.

so

I have a whole running h22/23...do I just put that in my car for now?
what do I do with my old wrecked h23 block?
ANyone got any better ideas for making more RELIABLE NA h22 power?

Power estimate is for straight non cat exhaust and decked head btw
removed ac, power steering, balance shafts, and cruise control.
My limit really is six grand as anymore than that And I might as well build a race K24 CRX.

This is to be my sexy sport luxury car...so I want a highway roaring sports coupe the ITB's howling at 9000 running over 150 mph passing sad lil mustangs...

help me decide guys.

You name the BEST way to make power reliably and Ill line it up.

Mind you I have a whole extra prelude sitting here for parts so I can maaaaybe afford to break a few things..

Id also like advice on chassis set up and any other mods...

ALSO contest!

Best Idea's I use will be paid for. Like a finders fee (how I get my friends to sell my cars for me) email or call with idea's. If I use it, you get 20 bucks!

Like my friend showed me the center rear console 92 preludes had....now I want it soooooo bad.

Last edited:
whats it worth? The crank its attatched to is supposed to be an 800 dollar race crank....i dunno how ok the crank is. probably not...

I just need the lil gear itself. Lemme know what you want for it. I need this piece ASAP! :)

Back