I need a Rhode Island inspection sticker and a 5-d

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxmikenicexxx

I got nabbed today for my out-of-date inspection sticker, and I depserately need mt car to get to school. It will NOT pass inspection. I was hoping someone would help me out with one if they knew someone or wokred at an inspection station themselves. I will pay extra of course for the help. Please help me out with this!

i think you're the only one here from RI who posts regularly...

all i can suggest is look for the shittiest garage with an inspection sign, or go to the bone yard, look for a new wreck, and be well versed in the art of the razor blade/window scraper...

and i don't care what you say, inspection stickers can be removed :)

edit: i have seen people use the inside wrappers from things like tollhouse cookies as a way to pass it off as a temp inspection sticker...
no idea what your states looks like but you could try and get something that looks similar in color/shading and use that... of course it won't help when you do get pulled over, but at least you won;t get pulled over for no inspection sticker...

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 1 2005, 05:36 PM
all i can suggest is look for the shittiest garage with an inspection sign, or go to the bone yard, look for a new wreck, and be well versed in the art of the razor blade/window scraper...

and i don't care what you say, inspection stickers can be removed :)

[post=467800]Quoted post[/post]​

Yep the junkyard is the place to find one. Bring a little propane torch or something to warm the windshield up with on the outside then be *very* careful and peel it off.

May I ask why your car won't pass?

It wont pass because it burns oil badly due to a valve I replaced, a cracked windshield, and slightly camber-worn tires. I COULD go to the junkyard and get one but problem is that I still need the 5-day signed, and I couldnt bring it to a station after I got one from the junkyard because they would know because if it was inspected they would have stamped it then.

sounds like you're going to have to dish out the cash and fix your car.

damn, you;re lucky

in NY we get till the next days sunset... you have to work? too bad...

we also get threatened with a tow and impound for something like invalid inspection...

pay to fix the car, or pay the ticket...
that'd be your options...

on your 5 day... can an officer sign off on it?
what about a fleet mechanic maintaining a minimum of 20 registered vehicles?
or does it need to be an inspection station...?

time for you to make some friends, or just outright tell them 20 bucks for their signature
lol

Well see its not like a pay ticket, I believe if you dont send it int hey just go ahead and pull your registration and stuff like that. I guess I will have to make some friends and/or pay some people off lol.

i dont think places will just hand em out to whoever... i mean, they HAVE TO keep track of that stuff. a friend of mine gave one to a friend, didnt record it and got fired because of it. but the junkyard idea sounds good.. or just steal one from a friend lol kidding.

Instead of trying to get the sticker just fix your car so you don't have to worry about it, or worry about getting arrested for fucking with inspection stickers.

I dont think I've EVER paid for an inspection. I ALWAYS have my car registered in a different state then I live. I may change that.

The reason:
They cannot pull me over no matter if I have a sticker or not (for insp. or any other state specific vehicle violation), as long as I'm not in the registered state.

They cannont give me a ticket for inspection nor can they give me a fix it ticket for anything on/in the vehicle. Why, because they don't know if it's legal in the registered state. They could pursue it and have to go through a whole bunch of paperwork, months of waiting and then still have it thrown out.

Example:
Full tinted windows
Illegal in NJ
Not in parts PA
Car is Reg. in PA

If I get pulled over in NJ for whatever reason, they CANNOT give me a ticket for the windows, no question about it.

But just get a mechanic to help you out, explain the situation and ask "if he can help".

All you crazy eastern folk and your small states.

Just about anything is legal where I live. Inspection? What's that? Hell, I could run a built 454 with open headers if I wanted to.

Ri sucks, reckedracing what part of NY are you from? My inspection of over due by 6 months.. 2 tickets 105 a apiece.. good and done.. got it inspected the next day.. checked the lights and TADA inspection complete!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back