I Need Brakes!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadRage

I have a 89 CRX Si, And I need Better Brakes. I have a LS swap with a 55 shot. But I want to upgrade the brakes. Now I know I can convert rear disk. But most of the stopping power is up front. So what would you recommend for front? Do slotted rotors help? Do the make a big brake kit CRX's? Any help is appreciated!

I've got ebc green stuff with brembo slotted, crossdrilled, and ss brake lines. No big brake kit or anything just stock sizes. It went from ok I think I'll stop sometime - to - ok I'll go again as soon as my eyeballs pop back in. Great pads little dust.

Look into the bigger brakes offered at FastBrakes. Even if you don't want to get the 4 pot calipers they offer 11" upgrades that use stock calipers for not a lot of money.

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Sep 30 2002, 03:52 PM
how much was all that?

ebcs were $50.00 per axle
brembos were $90.00 per axle
ss lines were $105.00 all 4

Good deal I don't know but I bought it a little at a time so it didn't hurt as much. :blink:

Originally posted by lsvtec@Sep 30 2002, 04:10 PM
Look into the bigger brakes offered at FastBrakes. Even if you don't want to get the 4 pot calipers they offer 11" upgrades that use stock calipers for not a lot of money.

Are those people pretty reliable? (fastbrakes)

Compartment.jpg

how much would it be for replacing my pads wiiht green stuff

Originally posted by RoadRage+Sep 30 2002, 05:09 PM-->
@Sep 30 2002, 04:10 PM
Look into the bigger brakes offered at FastBrakes.  Even if you don't want to get the 4 pot calipers they offer 11" upgrades that use stock calipers for not a lot of money.

Yes, Brian (FastBrakes owner) is very reliable, very nice, and very easy to deal with. If you hang around honda-tech.com at all ask them about him, he does a lot of business at that site. I am running his 4 pot 11" front brake kit and I love it.

Originally posted by RoadRage+Sep 30 2002, 02:09 PM-->
@Sep 30 2002, 04:10 PM
Look into the bigger brakes offered at FastBrakes.  Even if you don't want to get the 4 pot calipers they offer 11" upgrades that use stock calipers for not a lot of money.

Compartment.jpg

i will second what lsvtec said.. i have heard nothing but good things about fastbrakes.com.

how how would the price run for my civic?

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Sep 30 2002, 07:51 PM
how how would the price run for my civic?

Front

_civic 11" kit

For improved braking under all conditions, the Civic Integra caliper kit offers high performance with low cost Fits all 1984-2000 Civic/CRX/Del Sol and 86-89 Integra with the 9.5" disc brakes. Uses 1990-2000 Integra or Civic EX calipers. Requires 15" wheels. Most factory 15" wheels will fit.

_kit features

¬CNC machined 6061 T6 aircraft grade aluminum mounting brackets
¬11" OEM quality rotors
¬grade 8 hardware
¬hub centric rings

_optional features

¬braided steel brake lines
¬slotted or drilled rotors

_kit pricing

¬Complete kit with calipers: $399.95
¬Kit with rotors: $239.95
¬adapter kit only: $139.95

Rear

_rear brake upgrade for civic and integra

This 11.4" rear upgrade will provide more balanced braking for the serious driver. Due to the larger rotor, this system will provide additional rear braking, preventing excessive front end dive under severe braking conditions. used in conjunction with the Fastbrakes front upgrade, these brakes will provide the best combination for the price available to the general public.

_kit features

¬11.4" OEM quality rotors
¬CNC machined 6061 aircraft aluminum brackets
¬hub centric rings
¬Grade 8 mounting hardware

_kit pricing

¬complete kit : $199.95

And for the 4 pot front kit
_integra/civic Si 11 & 11.75" 4 piston brake kits

fastbrakes continues to provide affordable performance brakes with the new integra/civic 4 piston kit utilizing the wilwood superlite calipers.

These kits fit most 15" wheels.

_kit pricing

¬11" 4 piston complete kit : $699.95

¬11.75" 4 piston complete kit : $924.95

These kits are designed to fit under most 15" wheels. However, due to manufacturing tolerances and wheels design, not all wheels may fit over the brakes without using a wheel spacer. Check wheel fitment prior to final assembly to ensure proper clearance with all components.

Brett

Juiced 97 CGP TEG GS
What I have noticed is people who say nitrous is bad, nitrous sucks, blah blah blah. But they don't have technical information to back it up...."its just cheap".....well hmm. If I spend less money than you, and am way faster, who's the smart one?

:worthy: Words of Wisdom.......... :worthy:

my 13" wilwood 4 piston's own joo! hehe, i love those brakes, along with some jdm civic rear oem disc brakes, with ss lines all around. if you want the wilwood kit, go to www.haprecycling.com they sell the kits new there for $720 with everything... i love em :)

wilwoods.jpg

Is that caliper mounted at the top of the rotor?

Originally posted by lsvtec@Oct 1 2002, 02:28 PM
Is that caliper mounted at the top of the rotor?

lol, i noticed that, i took the picture sideways... i just now rotated it in photoshop, all better... it is mounted like it should... hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back