I quit my job today.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
OK, so I've worked at Sears Automotive since I moved to Houston in February. I've called in sick twice, and only been late a handfull of times, and even then it was less than 10 minutes or so. Never fucked up any customer's cars, had ZERO comebacks, never any problems with anyone.

Sometime in May, the manager moved to another store, and the assistant manager quit. A new manager got hired a few weeks later, and a few weeks after that he hired a new assistant manager. The new assistant manager is/was a COMPLETE douchebag, the kinda guy who has no clue what he's talking about automotive-wise, but will sell anything to anyone to turn a profit. He hasn't been there in a month or two though, something about some bullshit back surgery and whatnot. Not important.

So since the new management has come in, almost everyone that worked there before has quit. Only me and two other guys (older guys who have been working for sears since the beginning of time) have been there longer than anyone else. The new manager was formerly a manager at NTB, and strangely all the people he's been hiring ALSO used to work with him at NTB. So it came as quite a surprise (/sarcasm) when a few months ago I started getting dicked around on my schedule. Now, I don't mind working a lot of hours, I need the money. But scheduling me hardly any hours, and even then only scheduling me when there isn't any business coming in, is another thing. Example: on Saturdays, we normally don't have any business after 2:30 pm or so. Not really sure why, but it just dies down after that. This saturday I was scheduled 2pm to close (7pm)...so I'd pretty much just be a body to close the store. I get paid off comission, so when there's no business I don't get paid jack shit. Before the whole 'NTB takeover' started, I got a good friend of mine from back home hired, and the exact same thing is happening with him.

Our tire warehouse is somewhat out of order, so a week or so ago the manager put it on me and my friend to rearrange it. He told us friday that he wanted it finished by the time he got to work on Monday. Only problem is, this weekend we only had 2 techs working in the back (myself included), so there was virtually NO chance for me to go work on the warehouse, unless he wanted me to not work on customer's vehicles. This morning I get to work, and theres a few bullshit tickets waiting (warranty rotation, oil change, bullshit that I don't get paid shit from). I get those taken care of, and the manager shows up. He IMMEDIATELY walks up to me and starts yelling (literally, yelling...in front of customers) how he told me to reorganize the tires this weekend, and how it was a waste of his time to have me here if I couldn't get that done. I told him that the only way I could have gotten it done was to not work on anyone's cars, since he wouldn't schedule anyone else to work over the weekend. He went off on me with (again) how it was a waste of time for me to be there if I was going to work on cars and not reorganize his warehouse.

So I told him to find another tech to work in the mornings, and for him to go fuck himself.

:D

Oh, and my buddy that I got hired is planning on quitting tomorrow. He's the other guy that works in the mornings. After tomorrow, Sears isn't going to have a single tech in the mornings, unless they schedule the evening guys all day. And here's the kicker...the hiring process at Sears takes close to a month. It's literally IMPOSSIBLE for him to hire someone and have a replacement in the shop working by the end of the week. Sears requires a drug screen (which takes about 2 weeks for the results to come back) and a full background check (which takes about 3-4 weeks, because Sears uses some retarded slow-ass company to do their background checks)...and THEN whoever is getting hired has to go through a week or so of training.

:D

Fuck you, Sears Automotive.

I dunno yet...I'm gonna kick it the rest of this week though and sleep all fuckin' day until I go to class.

It's gonna be fucking awesome.

i hate people like that & good for you.
+1 on the work Q

Fuck Sears. Tried pulling the usual "well we found some other things wrong with your car blah blah blah", only to find out when i took it in to another place they said nothing was wrong..

i had a boss like that when i worked at a fine dining restraunt(sp?) in La Jolla, CA.. he would yell and cuss in the middle of the dining room if i made to much noise.. kinda ironic isnt it.. they worked me doubles for like 2 months.. show up at 9 and open.. leave at 1 come back at 4 and close til 1am.. i finally told them to go fuck themselves and i wouldnt be coming back for my second shift or any of my other shifts..

welcome to the club. it's nice taking some time off. congrats on not putting up with anymore bullshit.

When i quit working at verizon i had the biggest smile on my face. I just got up and 'went to the bathroom'....never came back.

A few days later, one of the trainers there sent me an email and was like, WTF DUDE!!? You were the only other legitimate mac guy in the entire office and now they are coming back to me for questions. I had three months of peace and quiet.

Yea I had to quit my job too, my boss was kind of a dick also and I just couldn't handle a full day with some of the people I worked with.

Thankfully, i work with awsome people, and my boss has the same kind of sense of humor as me.. he literally rolled on the floor laughing when i told him what the angry pirate was :D:D

i had a boss like that when i worked at a fine dining restraunt(sp?) in La Jolla, CA.. he would yell and cuss in the middle of the dining room if i made to much noise.. kinda ironic isnt it.. they worked me doubles for like 2 months.. show up at 9 and open.. leave at 1 come back at 4 and close til 1am.. i finally told them to go fuck themselves and i wouldnt be coming back for my second shift or any of my other shifts..
Where did you work in La Jolla?

Back