i show everybody head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
yeah i know this is a Honda site, but oh well. anyways, i picked up a "new" 2.3L DOHC head for my 2004 Mazda 3 over the weekend. heres pics:

head001.jpg

head002.jpg

head003.jpg

head004.jpg

head005.jpg

i picked it up that whole assembly for $250 at a junkyard where my dad lives. it looks pretty clean. now to put that sucker on,....

oh, anyone know what to use to remove the carbon buildup on the valves as well as some of the sticky looking residue from the gaskets that were atatched to it??

Damn yo does that bitch have VEETAKCH? :D For the gaskets use a razor blade to clean up the surface, and the carbon build up, not really sure, maybe like a wire brush or something to just knock off the big shit. Any progress on the Ranger?

simple green and scotch brite pads? ya razor blade for gaskets, just try not to actually cut/scratch the metal off with the corner of the razor.

nice find. though, i know jack about it. will this be a performance increase for ya?

i see a vtec solenoid!!!nah its just t:De injectors
but like byron said,razor the gasket surface,you can use brakleen on the surface and itll loosen easier,as for te carbon,they make these things from wire that attach to a drill,they work wonders on carbon,kinda like a wirebrush,or have it acid dipped

Dremel with a little wire brush (brass, not carbon steel!!) will make easy work of those deposits. And while you're cleaning it up, you might as well polish the combustion chamber.. :D

Or, you could soak em down with seafoam and scrub it off after an hour or two. Again with the brass brush. You can use a razor to remove head gasket material, but be very careful not to gouge the surface. Take your time and be gentle about it.

thanks for the advice y'all/ no this isnt a power increase for the Mazda. its just gonna replace the bad head on the current motor. lol and no it doesnt VTEC but it does have VVT (same thing as VTEC)...lol. byron, no i havent done squat to the Ranger except ive been having to drive it since my Mazda broke down 2 weeks ago :(

get it hot tanked cant be to much $$

Dremel with a little wire brush (brass, not carbon steel!!) will make easy work of those deposits. And while you're cleaning it up, you might as well polish the combustion chamber..

Whut? Lol. That'll change the combustion chamber volume. That's typically something you don't want to do.

OP: Hot tank it. Tear it down, then have it tanked. Install, then enjoy.

hot tank it will be easier than anything else......i wouldnt think it to be a good idea to scrape away any parts of metal when you could just as easily take it to a machine shop pay a little money and have it cleaned up a lot better

Back